Natures Fragrance

Discussion in 'Shopping Recommendations' started by msunnerstood, Aug 8, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Sep 8, 2019 #21

math ace

math ace

math ace

This is not an "unfortunate" thing because there might be more feedback available on your scents by then! It sounds like there were several soapers on this forum who purchased during that 30% off sale. If they start testing right away, by Thanksgiving you might be able to benefit from their trials. I am waiting for others to post their feedback before I purchase scents from Nature's Fragrances. This year, I've tested a little over 100 fragrances.

Oh the rabbit hole that I fell into. I will be so glad to be done with the little 1 ounce bottles!

SoaperForLife likes this.
  2. Sep 10, 2019 #22

MGM

MGM

MGM

Very true, but Thanksgiving is a long time away and that will require me to buckle down, concentrate, remember, and not get distracted....oooh SHINY!

3. Sep 13, 2019 #23

MGM

MGM

MGM

UPDATE: my lovely MIL brought my order with her when she flew up! I wasn't expecting her to do that! They're packaged in plastic bottles, so I think it was a lot lighter than the WSP order that arrived the month before. Still, there were over 20 bottles {2oz}. First OOB impressions.... I didn't love a lot of them. I was less impressed than I usually am with a FO order. But I didn't get a chance to do much more than a quick sniff before we rushed away to the cottage, so I will have to report more when I get back!

Deborah Long likes this.
  4. Sep 13, 2019 #24

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

which ones did you order? Im surprised but hopefully youll like them better in the soap.
    I havent found one I havent liked yet but maybe weve ordered different ones.

5. Sep 13, 2019 #25

MGM

MGM

MGM

Will put my list here, as I have it from my order. Will make preliminary comments based on memory, then update later. Remember, these are just first sniffs. And maybe I was in a cranky mood when I opened some of them :p
    I did put most of them on my arms (2 per arm, every 12 hr) and was surprised that they dissipated quickly, for the most part.

Aladdin's Wish Fragrance Oil: nice, but weak and a bit nondescript.
    Baja Cactus Blossom: I remember liking this one.
    Balsam & Cedar Fragrance Oil: Yes! Woodsy! Was looking for woodsy (see later comments)
    Black Teakwood & Mahogany Teakwood : I remember that both of the teakwoods were nice, and will have to pay more attention to differences between them.
    Cafe Mocha : nice enough
    Champagne Toast : very good! Fruity!
    Cocoa Butter Cashmere :
    very nice...I remember this one being fruitier than expected.
    Driftwood:
    don't remember...will have to report back.
    Forest Hike & Into the Woods : one of them smells a lot like cinnamon, the other a lot like cloves. Which is fine, but neither ones smells like the woods to me....
    Lavender & Spring Apricot: this one sounded very appealing, but it seems weak. Will have to revisit.
    Leather Fragrance Oil: smelled like leather!!
    My Dear Watson : don't remember much...must revisit
    Mystical Gathering : same ^^^
    Oatmeal Milk & Honey: didn't like it off the bat; hopefully will warm to it
    Roasted Coffee Beans: nice! sharper than the Cafe Mocha. Neither as good as my Coffee EO (which isn't very strong and is pricey)
    Route 66 : Liked this!!
    Shave & Haircut : Like this too!!
    Storm Watch: don't remember it.
    Sweetgrass: nice one
    [B]Tabac & Leather : [/B]don't remember but i think it was ok.
    [B][B]Tobacco & Bay Leaf : [/B][/B]same ^^^
    [B][B][B]Twisted Peppermint : [/B][/B][/B]LOVE THIS. All of the bottles I ordered were 2oz, but I was tempted to get a full 16oz of this one (they were out of the 4 and the 8) because I love the B&B version so much. But I was restrained, just in case. But it is just great. Too bad it discolours....
    [B][B][B][B]Woodsman: [/B][/B][/B][/B]This was good, but not as woodsy as I'd hoped.
    I got a 1 oz freebie of Gretel's Morning Cup: I remember wondering why I'd ordered it, until I realised that I didn't ;-)
    I also ordered Iced Vanilla but they were out.

Will post more (and add notes to the FO board) when I get back and play with them more.

msunnerstood likes this.
  6. Sep 13, 2019 #26

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

Ok many of these I didnt try but let me give you my thoughts on the ones I have

Balsam & Cedar Fragrance Oil: Yes! Woodsy! Was looking for woodsy (see later comments) I love the smell of this one too but havent soaped with it yet
    Black Teakwood & Mahogany Teakwood : Ive soaped with the mahogany teakwood and it still smells amazing. All the men in my house liked it too (3 of those)
    Cocoa Butter Cashmere :
    very nice...I remember this one being fruitier than expected. One of my favorites and one of the first ones I used. still smells good so far
    Route 66 :
    Liked this!! Me too. Soap still smells good
    Woodsman:
    This was good, but not as woodsy as I'd hoped. I like it, but not my favorite but my boys liked it

This explains a lot. You got many of the ones I havent tried yet and we seem to mostly agree on the ones I have. I may order some of the ones you got and liked and I havent tried yet

7. Sep 13, 2019 #27

Amonik

Amonik

Amonik

Since I play with yarn a lot, I wonder if ”Cashmere” smells like goat? No, really, wth kind of scent is ”Cashmere”? Is it inspired by the region I know as Kashmir?

8. Sep 13, 2019 #28

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

msunnerstood

no clue but here are the fragrance notes

• Top – Spice, Cedarwood
    • Middle – Rich vanilla, Tonka, Coconut and Jasmine
    • Bottom – Olive Wood, Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Cocoa Butter
    you can def smell the coco butter but also the vanilla and tonka bean