Nature in a Bottle?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for a particular EO and came across their site (which looks legit and very nice) and tbh their prices are a little outrageous to believe for the sizes offered. The reviews I've come across are mixed either raving or absolutely trash.

Anyone here heard or order from them? Their FB and site says located in NY however the reviews are saying located in India.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 4.11.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 4.11.18 PM.png
    633.4 KB · Views: 0
Scam. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I'd trust the trash reviews over the rave reviews, as many of the good reviews look fake. Meanwhile, the trash reviews look like real people rightfully complaining that they've received junk, have had poor customer service experiences, etc.

I was looking for a particular EO and came across their site (which looks legit and very nice) and tbh their prices are a little outrageous to believe for the sizes offered. The reviews I've come across are mixed either raving or absolutely trash.

Anyone here heard or order from them? Their FB and site says located in NY however the reviews are saying located in India.
They ship from India via Fedex. I was duped and was left holding fake EOs and oils:(

They ship from India via Fedex. I was duped and was left holding fake EOs and oils:(
Just to mention, I have great experiences with some other Indian companies:)

They are indeed a scam. They have a 1.7 rating on Trust Pilot and tons of horror stories elsewhere on the internet. It is very easy to buy 5-star reviews, so I wouldn't be persuaded by those. Besides, the so-called "good" reviews usually have few, if any, likes because they are not true. You can read those here: NIB is rated "Bad" with 1.7 / 5 on Trustpilot

I just placed an order with them a few days ago before reading their reviews, but thank goodness I only placed a small order. I immediately called my bank to reverse the charges and called FedEx to ask about refusing the shipment when it arrives. I then emailed the company and asked for a refund, which they initially refused, saying they couldn't cancel the order despite it being shipped just yesterday.

When I told them that I contacted FedEx and initiated a claim with my bank, they suddenly issued a partial refund (minus shipping) and urged me to accept the product, but I refused and wrote them a scathing email response. I called PayPal and they refunded the shipping charges and placed the company "under review".

On the order confirmation email, they said the dispatch team would mislabel the products on the order to get it through customs!! That raised alarm bells for me because intentionally misleading customs is not an ethical business practice. Others have reported that tests of their oils have shown them to be fake and contain dangerous chemicals. Some reviews report identity theft from this company.

I was initially concerned that there were no suite numbers listed for the buildings they supposedly operated out of in New York and France and when I placed my order my suspicions were confirmed. As it turns out, their offices listed in the US and Europe are "virtual offices" by Regus, the big co-working company. They had no suite numbers listed for their addresses because they do not have a business office at either location. That information is there to provide fake credibility, along with all of the other information on the site. It's a confidence trick. They aim to provide as many "proof points" as they can to hook you in and deceive you. The deeper I went, the more I could see they were a scam operation.

I cancelled my business card and had my bank reissue a new card due to claims of identity theft and fraudulent charges from the users on Trust Pilot. If you haven't done business with them - don't. Those "wholesale" prices are all lies. I just wish I would have researched this company sooner and feel sorry for those that placed much larger orders than I did. If it's too good to be true, it usually is. #LessonLearned

nib_email 3_mislead customs_Screenshot 2023-08-03 062823.png

nib_email1_Screenshot 2023-08-03 061614.png

Here was their response when I referenced their bad reputation as the reason for my cancellation. Note the difference in font, as if they copied a canned response. This is not authentic behavior from a reputable company. A reputable company would simply cancel the order and refund you, not continue to ship and urge you to take the products. After I provided proof of their scam, they stopped responding.

nib_email2_Screenshot 2023-08-03 062018.png

Last edited:

Based on their website, they lead you to believe that they are selling GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry) tested essential oils. I am a health care professional who has used essential oils extensively for 40 years, so definitely know what to expect from the different oils. Pure aromatherapy grade essential oils are very effective for their stated purpose and smell clean - not cloying.

Unfortunately, I made a rookie mistake and ordered some of the oils from Nature In a Bottle without seeing a copy of the batch GC/MS test results. I was duped by their claim that the test results were available "upon request". I was very disappointed, and had to dispose of the oils as they were completely unusable. What a waste.

The Hawaiian sandalwood essential oil was most definitely a fragrance oil rather than an essential oil. The smell was horrendous, truly foul. I had to wash it off with soap and water immediately.

The rose Otto was ineffective for its aromatherapy purpose, something which does not happen when I use authentic essential oils.

The other oils were equally disappointing and unusable.

I encourage you to ALWAYS ask to see the GC/MS test results prior to buying any essential oils. When it became clear that these were not authentic, aromatherapy grade essential oils, I did request to see the test results four times in various different ways. They refused to answer any of my requests.

There is so much fraud with essential oils. It is so sad. It is hard for me to understand why vendors don't just take the time to source quality materials, do the batch testing for every batch, post the batch results right on the webpage (which is what the truly reputable vendors do).

The only thing I can think is that most people must not bother to do their homework (like me in this case, can't believe I trusted their claim) so these sellers of fragrance oils and inferior quality, fragrance grade essential oils must sell a lot anyway.

Well, I want to do my part today to hopefully educate people what to look for (GC/MS tested oils with the test results that you can see) when they are buying essential oils for therapeutic purposes. Inferior quality oils will not work for these therapeutic purposes. They are just a waste of money.

It's not difficult to take a little bit of time and learn how to look at the test results. It is actually very interesting to learn about essential oils, how they work and their active components.

Wishing you good health. Hoping I can help someone else today avoid a similar costly purchase/mistake. I’m

@Florida Dreamer
Welcome.gif

When responding to a post, next time, please write your comments outside the quoted box so all can easily see and read your response -- which I copied and posted below. Valuable information! Too good to be missed! 🥰

@Florida Dreamer wrote:

Based on their website, they lead you to believe that they are selling GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry) tested essential oils. I am a health care professional who has used essential oils extensively for 40 years, so definitely know what to expect from the different oils. Pure aromatherapy grade essential oils are very effective for their stated purpose and smell clean - not cloying.

Unfortunately, I made a rookie mistake and ordered some of the oils from Nature In a Bottle without seeing a copy of the batch GC/MS test results. I was duped by their claim that the test results were available "upon request". I was very disappointed, and had to dispose of the oils as they were completely unusable. What a waste.

The Hawaiian sandalwood essential oil was most definitely a fragrance oil rather than an essential oil. The smell was horrendous, truly foul. I had to wash it off with soap and water immediately.

The rose Otto was ineffective for its aromatherapy purpose, something which does not happen when I use authentic essential oils.

The other oils were equally disappointing and unusable.

I encourage you to ALWAYS ask to see the GC/MS test results prior to buying any essential oils. When it became clear that these were not authentic, aromatherapy grade essential oils, I did request to see the test results four times in various different ways. They refused to answer any of my requests.

There is so much fraud with essential oils. It is so sad. It is hard for me to understand why vendors don't just take the time to source quality materials, do the batch testing for every batch, post the batch results right on the webpage (which is what the truly reputable vendors do).

The only thing I can think is that most people must not bother to do their homework (like me in this case, can't believe I trusted their claim) so these sellers of fragrance oils and inferior quality, fragrance grade essential oils must sell a lot anyway.

Well, I want to do my part today to hopefully educate people what to look for (GC/MS tested oils with the test results that you can see) when they are buying essential oils for therapeutic purposes. Inferior quality oils will not work for these therapeutic purposes. They are just a waste of money.

It's not difficult to take a little bit of time and learn how to look at the test results. It is actually very interesting to learn about essential oils, how they work and their active components.

Wishing you good health. Hoping I can help someone else today avoid a similar costly purchase/mistake.

Last edited:

I have not ordered from this specific company but got ripped off by another one several years ago. Don't know if they're still functioning. Dodgy company, rubbish products. There are some dodgy ones on Etsy as well as of very recently. That's another place I never buy after having one very bad experience.

With the company you were looking at:

• the fact that everything is marked '50% off' and more tells me this is a very dishonest seller; that is always one of the first things which gets my hackles up - it's BS, manipulative marketing

FYI blue tansy oil, chamomile, yarrow, various types of rose essential oils, neroli and many others are legitimately expensive due to the amount of plant material it takes to produce those specific essential oils, and also based on the plant's availability due to which countries the plants naturally grow in, weather the preceding year, failed crops of those plants due to the aforementioned, which country the oil needs to be shipped from in massive drums & so on. So if you're looking for a bargain on them, you may be waiting a very long time. It does happen, but not very often. When I see prices of certain essential oils drop with my usual suppliers who I have been using for many years, or with local suppliers whose stores I can go to & complain if things go wrong, I jump on them & buy litres worth. Keep an eye on your favourite suppliers & their prices. The essential oils market is kinda like the oil & gas market LOL :)

The other way to get a cheaper price is to get a dilution, such as a 10% dilution of rose / champaka / neroli or whatever you're looking for in jojoba oil. The dilutions can go as low as 3%, which is my last choice, personally. 5% dilutions are also available. 10% is normally what I hold out for if I am not wanting to shell out for a 100% pure - meaning non-diluted - essential oil.

Complete scam. I was refunded $240 through paypal after filing a complaint which they never responded to. I contacted them several times directly as well - no response once they saw I was challenging them. Essenital oils were fake.

Latest posts

Back