Naturally Green Parsley Soap - Crockpot Rebatch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Unnfortunately, this lovely green color doesn't hold up in CP so Tanya of Lovely Greens devised a method to make Parsley Soap by rebatching a basic soap in a crockpot and adding parsley to the shreds before the cook. Read all the way to the end to see how allowing it to cook longer gave a deeper green.

parsley-soap-bars.jpg
https://lovelygreens.com/parsley-soap-recipe-green-soap/
https://lovelygreens.com/parsley-soap-recipe-green-soap/
NATURALLY GREEN PARSLEY SOAP RECIPE

Hmmm I wonder why she didn't just HP the batch to start with? Seems like it would have been a lot less trouble to add the parsley at the end of the cook.

Hmmm I wonder why she didn't just HP the batch to start with? Seems like it would have been a lot less trouble to add the parsley at the end of the cook.
Tanya is like me... we don't do HP. :D Also, she's mainly a gardener and her videos are awesome! Making and sharing soap experiements is a sideline.

Why not try a small batch in HP to see if it works? (In your spare time, of course! 😁 My guess is you may find you have to rebatch as well.

What might work, CP or HP is infusing the parsley in 10% soywax ahead of time. :smallshrug:

Tanya is like me... we don't do HP. :D Also, she's mainly a gardener and her videos are awesome! Making and sharing soap experiements is a sideline.

Why not try a small batch in HP to see if it works? (In your spare time, of course! 😁 My guess is you may find you have to rebatch as well.

What might work, CP or HP is infusing the parsley in 10% soywax ahead of time. :smallshrug:
Hmmm, to me, rebatching is basically HP - but with the extra step of doing CP first. To each her own. :)

I have always used dried parsley infused olive oil for my green, sometimes with the addition of some dried parsley powdered in my spice grinder. Like most folks who use natural colorants every batch is CPOP.
I have achieved a slightly brighter green in other batches but, didn't take pictures of soap until this year.

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_171916257.jpg
    IMG_20210224_171916257.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20200329_152946655.jpg
    IMG_20200329_152946655.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 19
I have always used dried parsley infused olive oil for my green, sometimes with the addition of some dried parsley powdered in my spice grinder. Like most folks who use natural colorants every batch is CPOP.
I have achieved a slightly brighter green in other batches but, didn't take pictures of soap until this year.
Wow that’s beautiful. Will you share how you got the blue and orange in the soap on the right?

Back