Natural vs Semi-Syndet Shampoo Bar Testing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Both exactly the same with one exception. The one on the left made with 50% finely shredded oatmeal/cinnamon vegan natural soap, partially melted. The one on the right made with 50% SCI. All other ingredients were the same.

upload_2020-2-11_17-8-27.png

Additional details and lather/pH testing results.
Recipe (both bars were made exactly the same with the exception of the first ingredient. One bar with 50% natural soap shavings, the 2nd bar with 50% SCI powder):
upload_2020-2-12_10-7-10.png

Results of initial testing: SCI bar very hard within hours of molding. Soap based bar still a bit soft after two days but it is getting harder, although very slowly.
upload_2020-2-12_10-10-38.png

Current takeaways:
Remove rye flour and replace with a powdered herb ... possibly rosemary, horsetail or marshmallow root powder. Possibly a combination of the 3. Marshmallow will give it some added slip.

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-12_10-6-31.png
    upload_2020-2-12_10-6-31.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 15
I'm super curious how this turned out!
I like it a lot once I made a few more changes. :)
I removed the soapwart, yucca and reduced the foaming soy to 4%. I also changed the herbs a bit. Added Marshmallow for more slip. Increased the amount of horsetail and oat straw. Also added a little Amla.

Latest posts

Back