natural vanilla for cp?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auntgrouch

Reaction score
I would love to make a yummy, vanilla scented cp soap. Is there a natural way to do this? Also, any natural coconut fragrances out there?
Thanks, this forum is amazing!

Not that I am aware of for vanilla. Coconut is one of the most difficult scents to come by in a FO, I am not aware of any natural coconut fragrances.

Ha! Vanilla and Coconut are my two biggest frustrations as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I made salt bars with a coconut FO and it morphed into vanilla ice cream, smells really yummy. I did get a soap from another member with a nice true smelling coconut, I'll ask her what she used.

There is benzoin resin and Peru balsam. Both are skin sensitizers so use little. Not a problem usually since they are pricey. Peru Balsam is a smoky type vanilla, and it has other components.

I have been successful using benzoin resin in blends that have vanilla as one of the players (think pumpkin pie for example).

For mostly vanilla or 100% vanilla - still no substitute for the FO my customers/friends/family are all crazy about. I am in the process of phasing out most FOs......but this one is staying.

thanks

Thanks for all the responses. I think I may try powder first and go from there. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Back