Natural Soap at Walmart

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenaturalway

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has seen it but Walmart now has "pure and natural" soap bars. I was in the soap section today and noticed it sticking out like a sour thumb (wrapped in a kraft soap box). Not sure who makes it, but it was Almond oil & Cherry (I think). It smelled really nice.

On another note, I attempted my first bar of M&P soap tonight. I made it with white soap base and vanilla-lavender FO and red color powder. It smells really nice and has a pink color to it. I don't think I used enough of the red powder, but I guess with more practice I can perfect it. It was an embossed soap bar. I'm actually quite proud of myself. :lol: The only thing I saw was a small crack on the front. What happened? :?: I can't wait to try it out. :p

Pictures? :)

I've been doing too much color. Too little might be a blessing. Even none at all looks good.

Just tried to upload an image. Hope it works better for you. This forum seems a little bit ... antique? :)

I'll try again if you have any trouble, and try and figure it out and explain it to you. I host my images on my own website. This ImageShack hook-up doesn't seem seamless.

Lovehound said:
Just tried to upload an image. Hope it works better for you. This forum seems a little bit ... antique? :)

I'll try again if you have any trouble, and try and figure it out and explain it to you. I host my images on my own website. This ImageShack hook-up doesn't seem seamless.

HA HA that is a good one! Um, no complaints here -- a free forum, I think its great.

Posting a photo is VERY easy here once you get the hang of it. I have a flickr account... here is how to do it.

From your chosen photo (in Flickr) right click your chosen image and choose "properties"

From there, you will see the URL address of your photo -- highlight the address (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2255/249 ... a7.jpg?v=0) and leave out the "?v=0" and click CTRL + C to copy to your clipboard.

Now in your post - hit the img button at the top -- then CTRL + V to paste your link in.

Viola! Its that easy. Good Luck

Yeah Rachelle, I do the same thing except I host my images on my own website. That's why I'm not familiar with using forum features to post images. It's not worth my bother because it's easier to do it on my own site. I was trying to come up with an explanation that would help the OP. I hope your suggestion will do the job.

;) I just started UL photos and think its pretty easy. The pain is that - yes - you have to use a host, but I suppose you could use the img path all the same from other hosts.

I dont use the "get your own uploader" on this forum - is that image shack? Have not givin that a whirl...

Welcome to the forum.

Yeah I think it's ImageShack. And thanks for the welcome! :) The members here are very friendly! :)

Thenaturalway was wondering if you have had a chance to try your M&P soap yet? I made some a while ago and gave to my Fiancee's mother and she said it didnt bubble. Someone told me to add some coconut oil to it. I am going to try that tomorrow.
On another note I went to Wally-World and got me a digital food scale $31 and some change 5# one, now I cant find any pitchers with screw on lids. I was wondering about the juice bottles the plastic ones, will they work? I have washed them in the dishwasher and no melting or anything. I have looked at Wally-World and 2 different dollar stores for the picthers with a screw on lid and handle but so far no luck. Looked at 2 grocery stores and at lowes. :cry: I do however have everything else I think to make me a batch of soap. Have the lye--finally--coconut oil, olive oil, vegetable oil, crisco, lard, some rit dye for coloring (if it is feasable to use that--I read someplace that you could use it). I got me some crayons for color as well if I decide to use any of them and I have a few scents. So I am thinking I am set to try my hand at it.

Krickett

Back