Natural & Organic - not necessarily a safe choice

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"There's no one thing people can do." But she said, the surprising presence of arsenic in packaged foods give people a chance to ask themselves, "How many foods do I need to eat that are processed with ingredients I don't really know that much about?"

i agree. we as consumers need to educate ourselves on what we are putting into our bodies way more than we do. i am just beginning to try to control more than usual, but i have tried to cut out as much processed meats, and foods as i can. i would love to be self sustaining and not have to worry about if what i bought at the store is going to kill me at some point.

Ah, but see, I'm pointing out that it's not just the "processed with" that we need to worry about.

Even "natural" and "organic" things can be downright toxic.

So people should never ever ever assume either of those words = safe or healthy.

carebear said:
Ah, but see, I'm pointing out that it's not just the "processed with" that we need to worry about.

Even "natural" and "organic" things can be downright toxic.

So people should never ever ever assume either of those words = safe or healthy.

you are right. i was only commenting on my own journey in trying to weed out things that are potentaily harmful. :) it is true that just because it grows or comes from the earth does not mean it is safe or healthy. i still apreciate the link and the motivation behind it.

Saw that on tv, was quite interesting.

I don't think there's a darn thing people can eat or buy anymore without it containing something that could be potentially harmful. Even when you check the labels on something, it doesn't mean the manufacturer isn't lying.

I've never been a fan of the "all natural" hype that's seemed to increase over the years. I try not to get irritated anymore when I see lotion anymore that says preservative free.

As I sit here eating my cheetos & drinking my Coca Cola, which I'm sure are full of horrifying preservatives. Mmmm preservatives.

umm. my favorite bottled tea has organic brown rice syrup as the sweetener.

Kitten Love are we supposed to do? stop eating natural foods? eat mcdonald's for the rest of my life?

because i am okay with that

Sunny said:
umm. my favorite bottled tea has organic brown rice syrup as the sweetener.

Kitten Love are we supposed to do? stop eating natural foods? eat mcdonald's for the rest of my life?

because i am okay with that

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back