Natural, Organic...Naturally Organic

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itspaulas

Reaction score
:?:

This is probably a stupid question but I see these 3 words used all the time and I would love to know the actual difference between them. I don't want to claim that my products are natural or organic if they aren't but I would very much like to use it in my descriptions if they are either or both!

TIA for any answers!!

I am not sure about the specs on the word organic, but the FDA does not regulate the terms natural, naturally or naturals. It's fair game & up to interpretation.

Burt, of Burt Bee's once said if a product was 95% or more natural, he used the word natural so I think many people go by that.

for a business to use the term "Organic" I believe it needs to be a certified product (they come to your site, audit your ingredients etc... )

for a business to use the term "Organic" I believe it needs to be a certified product (they come to your site, audit your ingredients etc... )

So if you use USDA Organic Ingredients you have to be checked out by the USDA for you to label your products organic?

I am not sure about the specs on the word organic, but the FDA does not regulate the terms natural, naturally or naturals. It's fair game & up to interpretation.

Burt, of Burt Bee's once said if a product was 95% or more natural, he used the word natural so I think many people go by that.
I am also curious. Would would the 5% be? Would you be able to say natural if you use a f.o.?

Latest posts

Back