Natural fragrance oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrine025

Reaction score
I am looking for a good supplier of fragrance oils. I have currently been using wholesale supplies plus but Im a little concerned that maybe it causes allergies. I would like fragrance oils that do not contain parabens, phalates or formaldehye. A company that someone has had good luck with.

Just get essential oils instead of fragrance oils if you're worried about synthetics. Camden-Grey, New Directions Aromatics, and Liberty Naturals are pretty popular places to get essential oils from. I haven't ordered from any of them yet though. I've just been using NOW Foods and Vitacost essential oils but I'm gonna switch to the soapmaking suppliers because they're cheaper and I don't really care too much if there are no therapeutic properties in the soap.

I think you're getting confused - there are natural scents (essential oils that are distilled from a plant) or fragrance oils (synthetic, lab made scents). not all fragrance oils contain parabens, phthalates and/or formaldehye, but there's no guarantee they're free of that stuff. if you want something natural, go with essential oils. new directions aromatics have some of the best prices out there, and there are quite a few that are very reasonably priced on the website, only bad thing is the $100 minimum order... they also have some FO's labelled phthalate free, but I've never used them. Liberty Naturals has a great selection for a good price too.

WSP has essential oils as well, and they're MUCH cheaper than buying them in the stores or online at places like Amazon. I've purchased several and have been quite happy with the quality.

As for 'losing the therapeutic quality) in soap, I can't attest to that, but you do need to be aware of the flash points and temps, but you need to do that with fo's as well.
WSP also has a couple of fo's labeled 'all natural', and some eo blends as well. I just got the rainforest blend which is quite nice and very strong. I haven't soaped with it yet though so I can't say how it behaves.

Back