rhubarb-soap-recipe-150x150.jpg

From Lovely Greens comes this awesome deep pink natural colorant:

HIMALAYAN RHUBARB ROOT TUTORIAL

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Wonder how well it ages?
It ages as well as the soap would without the herbal infusion. 😉

IME, herbs as natural colorants don't fare as well as those with spices and clays. Check out the picture in this thread. It started out as a bright raspberry pink. The pic was taken a year after the soap was made. You can see a little yellowing here and there. That happens after some period of time so it's best to sell it off in the first few months. :thumbs:

Natural Colorant - Raspberry Pink CP

PS: @PepperJack I LUV questions I know the answer to. :nodding:

Last edited:
Reaction score

IME, herbs as natural colorants don't fare as well as those with spices and clays. Check out the picture in this thread. It started out as a bright raspberry pink. The pic was taken a year after the soap was made. You can see a little yellowing here and there. That happens after some period of time so it's best to sell it off in the first few months. :thumbs:

LOL 🤣😂👍🏼

Reaction score

So do I! Yes, that was exactly what I meant, I wonder how much the color fades. 😄

squarepancakes

Reaction score
One of the ladies at my studio uses mainly natural ingredients to colour her soaps, she follows taiwanese soapmakers who are very into natural or herbal infusions. Her soap made with rhubarb infused oil darken as it cured.

She occasionally uses it for a second infusion and the resulting soap is a very pretty pink.

Attachments

• IMG-20220417-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220417-WA0002.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts