National Shrink Wrap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m considering investing in this system, mostly for bath bombs and soaps. I’m worried it will be too challenging to use. Do you have this system? What was learning to use it like? Do you think it helped preserve your products? Thank you!

I’m considering investing in this system, mostly for bath bombs and soaps. I’m worried it will be too challenging to use. Do you have this system? What was learning to use it like? Do you think it helped preserve your products? Thank you!
I have a system and its not challenging to use. I thought it would be because they had so many video's showing how but it wasnt. once you watch the video once, youll have it.

You will save a ton of time wrapping soap. When you order your system you will have the option of not having them include their heat gun. if you have one at home you can use, skip it and save $25.

It does take up a bit of room because you get a roll of wrap and their wrap dispenser so plan on 2-3 feet of shelf space.

I have a system and its not challenging to use. I thought it would be because they had so many video's showing how but it wasnt. once you watch the video once, youll have it.

You will save a ton of time wrapping soap. When you order your system you will have the option of not having them include their heat gun. if you have one at home you can use, skip it and save $25.

It does take up a bit of room because you get a roll of wrap and their wrap dispenser so plan on 2-3 feet of shelf space.
That’s very helpful. Thank you. I don’t have a heat gun, and I’ve got space for it. But I’m glad to hear it’s not too challenging to use. Are you able to easily wrap odd shaped things?

That’s very helpful. Thank you. I don’t have a heat gun, and I’ve got space for it. But I’m glad to hear it’s not too challenging to use. Are you able to easily wrap odd shaped things?
Yes, I wrap bath bombs, hightop soaps, wood soap dishes etc. I even use it to wrap some of the things I make with my cricut like aprons

Which wrap do you use? Have you tried the biolefin?
I used the one they recommended for soap. It was the one that allowed you to smell the soap through the packaging I have not tried the biolefin. There was a reason I didn't choose it and I wonder if it was because they talked about Is it not working well for uneven edges or something. They have a section of their website that breaks it down. I know I was sweating trying to make sure I made the right choice so definitely check it out

My husband and I recently looked at a local soap company that was for sale. They had the 18” National system with the biolefin. It was super easy to use, and I could smell the soap through it for sure.

We ended up not buying the company, but agreed that if we ever bought or opened a soapy business, we’d get one of those. Even with his shaky hands from PD, my husband was able to operate the system easily after watching the guy do one row of soaps.

My husband and I recently looked at a local soap company that was for sale. They had the 18” National system with the biolefin. It was super easy to use, and I could smell the soap through it for sure.

We ended up not buying the company, but agreed that if we ever bought or opened a soapy business, we’d get one of those. Even with his shaky hands from PD, my husband was able to operate the system easily after watching the guy do one row of soaps.
I’m trying to figure out if the biolefin would protect the bath bombs enough from humidity. After drying and wrapping I would keep them in plastic totes most of the time. Then I’d occasionally have them out at farmers markets.

I’m trying to figure out if the biolefin would protect the bath bombs enough from humidity. After drying and wrapping I would keep them in plastic totes most of the time. Then I’d occasionally have them out at farmers markets.

I use the 75g Polyfin with my soaps and bath bombs. I live in Florida with very high humidity. As long as you do not have any holes when you shrink wrap you should be okay.

I got this off Amazon…
B32D190E-26BF-404E-8A1C-B6F0D08C71F3.jpeg
been playing around with it for the last month and it’s pretty awesome.
12” shrink wrap sealer

I got this off Amazon…
View attachment 59186
been playing around with it for the last month and it’s pretty awesome.
12” shrink wrap sealer
The link won’t work, but it looks awesome! Can you try the link again, or tell me what to look for on amazon? I wonder what the differences are. I know lots of soapers like National system, but I’m not really sure why, or how they compare to other systems.

The link won’t work, but it looks awesome! Can you try the link again, or tell me what to look for on amazon? I wonder what the differences are. I know lots of soapers like National system, but I’m not really sure why, or how they compare to other systems.
BestEquip 12" Shrink Wrap Sealer, 450W I-Bar Shrink Wrap Machine, Wrap Sealer with Heat Gun and Shrink Film Suit for PVC POF Film Amazon.com: BestEquip 12" Shrink Wrap Sealer, 450W I-Bar Shrink Wrap Machine, Wrap Sealer with Heat Gun and Shrink Film Suit for PVC POF Film: Industrial & Scientific
maybe this will work?

There!
I looked a National System… I just couldn’t afford them…. Not just to play around with. The one I got comes with a large roll of film, 10 inch. I’ve got a 12” roll of film In my wishlist if I should happen to need it.

SIPA 12" 60 Gauge Polyolefin Shrink Film Heat Wrap POF Centerfold 4375' feet (1) Amazon.com : SIPA 12" 60 Gauge Polyolefin Shrink Film Heat Wrap POF Centerfold 4375' feet (1) : Office Products
I’m happy with it and have wrapped quite a bit of soap in the last month & am having fun. I just need to work on my heat gun skills!

There!
I looked a National System… I just couldn’t afford them…. Not just to play around with. The one I got comes with a large roll of film, 10 inch. I’ve got a 12” roll of film In my wishlist if I should happen to need it.

SIPA 12" 60 Gauge Polyolefin Shrink Film Heat Wrap POF Centerfold 4375' feet (1) Amazon.com : SIPA 12" 60 Gauge Polyolefin Shrink Film Heat Wrap POF Centerfold 4375' feet (1) : Office Products
I’m happy with it and have wrapped quite a bit of soap in the last month & am having fun. I just need to work on my heat gun skills!
That looks pretty great! Did it come with any kind of directions or tutorial?

That looks pretty great! Did it come with any kind of directions or tutorial?
NOTHING WHAT SO EVER! LOL!! Hence, me playing with it for the last month! It came put together and ready to go. I'm just concerned what is going to happen when it's time to replace the wire and what not on the sealing bar. And when exactly do I do that? lol

NOTHING WHAT SO EVER! LOL!! Hence, me playing with it for the last month! It came put together and ready to go. I'm just concerned what is going to happen when it's time to replace the wire and what not on the sealing bar. And when exactly do I do that? lol
I guess that could be a perk for a US company with accessible people. 😆

I guess that could be a perk for a US company with accessible people. 😆
GOOD POINT! Although because it shipped in days from New Jersey... I assumed it was an American company, but after further internet research I see it is a Chinese company and it makes so much more sense! Oh well! it works for me....

GOOD POINT! Although because it shipped in days from New Jersey... I assumed it was an American company, but after further internet research I see it is a Chinese company and it makes so much more sense! Oh well! it works for me....
Good info though! I’m still trying to decide what to get, so I appreciate knowing more options!!

The set-up of the National Shrink Wrap system is different because it has a free wand instead of a fixed one. While that is more expensive, and a larger piece of equipment to store, it also makes the bagging process a lot faster - assuming you have a table or counter top big enough to lay out more soaps at one time. You can watch a few YT videos to get a sense for how quickly it goes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back