NaOH / Water quantity

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaps_r_us

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I don't know how much water should I add to this recipe... how do I calculate the water and NaOH ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Recipe
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] 70 gr. Olive oil
25 gr. Coconut oil[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]5 gr. beewax
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I agree- SoapCalc is great. It's the same calculator I use.

As for how much water to use for a high olive oil soap..... if it were me, I would click the Lye Concentration box on SoapCalc and enter 33 into the box (don't even bother entering anything into the 'Lye as % of Oils' box- just ignore it and use the Lye Concentration' box instead).

A 33% lye concentration will give you a ratio of 1 part lye to 2 parts water, which is a really nice water amount to use when making high olive oil soaps. Once you have that and all the rest of your ingredient amounts entered in, just click on 'Calculate' and then click on 'View/Print Recipe'. Once you do that, a new page will pop up with your water and lye amounts listed, as well as all your other ingredient amounts to use for your batch.

IrishLass :)

I think 100grams is too small amount to be playing with, try making up at least a 500 gram - 1kg batch until you get the hang of it.

Back