Naming my candle company

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to come up with a name for my candle company. I'm not necessarily asking for suggestions, but I'd like to hear what other people have used to help give me some inspiration maybe. How did you come up with your name?

When naming our company, my wife and i made a list of words we felt described us, our target clients and the type of candles we would be making. From there we used a thesaurus to come up with relating words. We picked out the words that we felt the strongest about and then found a combination that we thought really fit our company.

Good luck!

What kind of candles do you make? Do you have a specialty or a certain niche to your company? If so you might consider a name that sort of captured that.

What are some ideas you have already? Maybe we can help you expand on them?

I used letters from each of my kids' names to form my business name. I sell soy candles, hand crafted soaps and other B&B items.

I like companies that have a theme. A name that lends itself to a particular color, pattern or even a region. It just makes it easier to coordinate pacakging etc. It's soooooooooooo much easier to put it all together with a good theme that can be carried through even in to scent names, etc.

Why don't you post where you are and some of your favorite things, do you collect anything? It might be a place to start.

I have friend that collected moons & lived on Superior Lake. She named her biz Superior Moon. :p

It's important to name your biz something easy to remember & easy to spell so people can find you on the internet, etc.

I have always been known as dragonfly, and I am into so many different things, soap, antiques, jewelry...so eclectic dragonfly just came naturally

Back