Nail Polish Water painting mugs

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I guess it's called Nail Polish Marbling. Anyway that's one of the many projects I brought with me for granddaughter & I to do together. I made a decision to give her all my nail polish since I don't use it anymore and bought 3 white mugs at the Goodwill.

Here's what we did on Tuesday:

queennikki

Reaction score
Those look gorgeous. Does the nail polish stay on the cups well if so that is an awesome project!

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
LOVE IT!! What an incredible look.
Thank you. I did the first one to demonstrate for granddaughter who then did the other two. I really like the greens she did on the largest mug.

Those look gorgeous. Does the nail polish stay on the cups well if so that is an awesome project!
I made one only once before at a gathering last April and managed to break it the very same night so didn't have a chance to test it's durability. But I also saw some for sale at a stall in my town's Music Festival and asked the vendor about washing instructions. She said to hand wash and recommended avoiding the dishwasher, although I didn't ask why. I would say 'Avoid nail polish remover, acetone and rough steel scrubbing pads or abrasives.'

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm still not parting with most of my nail polish though.

crispysoap

Reaction score
Iv made these before and love them :) I use them as pot plants for cacti. If you spray them with a clear gloss varnish then you can use them like regular mugs.

1470702246283.jpg

1470702304293.jpg

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a fun grandma you are Earlene! They look great!

Latest posts