Mystery Soap Pellets Need Identification and/or Help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne Bader

Reaction score
Someone gave me a few sealed bags of supposed melt and pour soap pellets. I zapped them several times and they didn't melt. I ran a few under the tap and they sudsed up. They eventually started to stick together, but still no melt. No luck with an Internet search. I posted photos showing before and after melt attempts in the Miscellaneous Media Forum.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks, Suzanne

Someone gave me a few sealed bags of supposed melt and pour soap pellets. I zapped them several times and they didn't melt. I ran a few under the tap and they sudsed up. They eventually started to stick together, but still no melt. No luck with an Internet search. I posted photos showing before and after melt attempts in the Miscellaneous Media Forum.
Has anyone encountered this before?
Thanks, Suzanne

It would be best to post photos on this thread, as not everyone looks in that section. Then they can see what you are talking about to give an opinion.

It would be best to post photos on this thread, as not everyone looks in that section. Then they can see what you are talking about to give an opinion.

Thank you. I'm new to the forum, but will repost the photos in the melt and pour forum media.
I bet they are extruded soap pellets, not melt and pour.
They are made to be rebatched which is heating in a double boiler or crock pot with a little added water.
Once they are about like mashed potatoes, add color and scent then smash into molds.

I will use that method and try again. Thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back