Myrrh/Sandalwood?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bohunk

Reaction score
I've discovered my face likes my current body lotion. But I don't like using FOs on my face. I'd like to come up with a simple EO blend for my face. I haven't used EOs in a good 15 years or more. So far I know I want to use frankincense and neroli. I'm having a tough time settling on my third EO, myrrh or sandalwood. My plan is to age gracefully not turn back the hands of time.

Any thoughts?

sandalwood essential oil is $1500/lbs at bulk apothecary. i would try myrrh first personally.

Hiya Bohunk!

Remember A Garden Eastward from long ago? Here's one of her blends: #436 SOCKS FOR YOUR CROW'S FEET EO Blend
This sweet floral is composed of eo's reputed to aid dry skin and wrinkles: Geranium, Frankincense, Lavender.

Here's a chart I found in my files.
upload_2019-4-20_16-54-28.png

HTH

I love Indonesian sandalwood, but it is so expensive that I use a Good FO to blend with frankincense and myrrh. You still get the benefits of frankincense and myrrh EOs and the wonderful fragrance of sandalwood.

Oh yes I remember a Garden Eastward. Loved them. Thanks for sharing the chart. Geranium and lavender are a little easier on my pocketbook.

That's a good thought about blending a sandalwood FO with the other two EOs; hadn't considered that.

Latest posts

Back