Myrrh Resinoid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Coupon 20OFF for new customers. At HBNO. Have a look at Myrrh in Resinoid form. IMHO this is a marvelous product and unbelievably priced. Purchase often from this supplier and always very pleased with their oils and such. Am using the Myrhh Resinoid in perfumes and testing on my skin. Have been putting this Myrrh Resinoid on my skin at 100% (back of my hand.) One week now and no reactions. Considering adding to lotion bars and other products. Smells rich and sumptuous. Thick thick thick. $20 for one pound plus reasonable shipping. Wholesale Myrrh Resnoid Oil In USA - Essential Natural Oils

Thanks for that info. Never heard of that supplier before, so it is good to know someone who has dealt with them.
Have been ordering from them for a few years. Always very good products. Never saw the resinoid previously. It is awfully inexpensive. However it smells lovely and not at all like solvent. It seems to be solvent distilled myrrh. Am going to put a small amount into a lotion bar and test with family. Doesn’t seem to bother my skin at 100%. Apparently Myrrh can be used in mouthwash. Always learning.

I'm guessing due to solvent this is a no go for soaping?
Hmm. The listing states it can be used in soaps. There is full information on the vendor site. I use solvent extracted essential oils in soaps without any issues. Hexane is one of the most popular solvents for essential oils that cannot be steam distilled and the hexane used is normally food grade. I can ask HBNO if they know what solvent was used. The residual solvent is generally a very tiny amount. In this instance it is listed as 30 ppm which according to my research is well within safety use for soap. Here is link to COA
https://www.essentialnaturaloils.com/image/catalog/myrrh oil coa India.pdf

Hmm. The listing states it can be used in soaps. There is full information on the vendor site. I use solvent extracted essential oils in soaps without any issues. Hexane is one of the most popular solvents for essential oils that cannot be steam distilled and the hexane used is normally food grade. I can ask HBNO if they know what solvent was used. The residual solvent is generally a very tiny amount. In this instance it is listed as 30 ppm which according to my research is well within safety use for soap. Here is link to COA
https://www.essentialnaturaloils.com/image/catalog/myrrh oil coa India.pdf

Most castor oil is also extracted using hexane, which is why I buy 'hexane free' castor for medicinal / healing use / salve making.

I use regular castor oil for soap making as it's being rinsed off very quickly. Not so with leave on products.

maybe I mis typed. Code is 20 OFF No spaces. Added space above to indicate difference between letter o and zero. Code Stipulated new users. The site seems to be in the process of being redone.
Thank you, I will try again later today & see if it's still active :) I love myrrh & would love to be able to use it more in many different formulations, but usually keep it for my 'personal reserve' 😁 due to it being stupidly expensive.

My Myrrh package came in today! I like it! It is slightly less sweet than NDA’s Myrrh resinoid but it’s a very good one and at the price, I feel like I stole! I bought a fair amount as I will be using it in soap and body products.

My Myrrh package came in today! I like it! It is slightly less sweet than NDA’s Myrrh resinoid but it’s a very good one and at the price, I feel like I stole! I bought a fair amount as I will be using it in soap and body products.
So so happy you like your Myrrh resinoid. I too love mine. Hopefully you will post what you make with it. I am going to make something in about a week. I did add some to a perfume and it lasts a long time on the skin. Be well!

I think coupon code has expired. It’s still an excellent price.
Earlier in this thread there is a post from @Saponificarian. The post updated that there are actually two sites for the vendor. The wholesale site did not offer the coupon. The confusion was my fault and @Saponificarian cleared up the mistake in my first post. And yes absolutely the price is excellent. Let us know what you think of the product if you order. Both saponificarian and myself find it to be good. Soft scent yet imho tenacious scent but gentle on skin.

Earlier in this thread there is a post from @Saponificarian. The post updated that there are actually two sites for the vendor. The wholesale site did not offer the coupon. The confusion was my fault and @Saponificarian cleared up the mistake in my first post. And yes absolutely the price is excellent. Let us know what you think of the product if you order. Both saponificarian and myself find it to be good. Soft scent yet imho tenacious scent but gentle on skin.

Thank you for the update. Excited to receive it!

I just thought to update this as I soaped it about 2 months ago. Do not use this in CP soap, it will be soap on stick for you, I think it is due to the 80% Benzyl Benzoate.

I used it at 6% and it is faint but there. I mixed this with a sweet musky fragrance oil and Frankincense Serrata to make my own blend of Frankincense and Myrrh and I finally have a blend that smell like what I want my F&M fragrance to smell like. Now, to get it to stick in soap, and another soaping milestone will be achieved!

Latest posts

Back