My weekend project

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnSoaper

Reaction score
My friends are expecting a baby boy the end of October and this batch (11 bars) is for the new family (ssshhh! It's a surprise!).

It's an oatmeal, buttermilk, & honey soap that's lightly scented with SOS Baby Powder FO (1 oz. in 2.75 lbs. of oils). I soaped at about 100F and forced gel in a warm oven (about 100-120F).

This batch was my first attempt at an "in the pot" swirl. Half the batch was colored with TD. The other half was split between ultramarine blue and chromium green oxide. I'm really happy with the swirl, but the ultramarine morphed into a dull blue-ish grey--maybe I didn't use enough? I had a little trouble dispersing the color (used olive oil); there are some definite white and blue specks. After cutting, I checked with my supplier (Symphony Scents) and saw that the white and blue should have been dispersed in water or glycerin.

Either way, it's a nice, earthy pastel soap, which fits their crunchy vegetarian lifestyle.

Thanks for looking!
Matt

Lauren.jpg

There's something about it that made me feel calm and tranquil just looking at it. I'm sure it's the combination of the beautiful soap surrounded by a beautiful setting. You do great work in soap and in photography!
icon_thumbup.gif

Back