My very first batch ever!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HLN80

Reaction score
C7766D36-3548-4872-A51C-DAC285EF7613.jpeg
Cp Goat’s milk soap, I poured it about 2 hours ago! So excited! My daughter did the coloring and swirling

OMG - now you are making me super jealous!

GORGEOUS!

My very first batch ever looked nothing like this - not even remotely! Well done!
OMG thank you so much, but it's all because of this awesome soap forum, I've just been learning a lot here and if I hadn't found this wonderful community, mine would probably have ended up an explosion LOL

I think I see the soda ash forming on this already though. Like little ashy specs. What causes this?

cant wait to see the pics of it cut!!! good job
Thank you so much! I will be sure to share a picture here. My daughter poured in the color part and dropped it in like we saw in a video, then she swirled it a bit with a chop stick, I bet it will look cool inside, can't wait to see :)

Beautiful colors!! Deep and rich. Ash is no big deal! If it’s not bad - just use some spray alcohol or if it’s bad - steam them or run under hot water

Welcome to thensoaping world!

Beautiful colors!! Deep and rich. Ash is no big deal! If it’s not bad - just use some spray alcohol or if it’s bad - steam them or run under hot water

Welcome to thensoaping world!
Thank you for that advice! I will do it

Oooh I love love that color! Nice swirls too!

I don't mind specks of ash, it's when it's a full layer on soap top it irks me. There's tons of info on how to try n prevent ash on the forum, but the consensus is, sometimes it just really appears on its own.

Back