Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starsign

Reaction score
Hi!
This is my first soap post. I’ve been trying to make transparent soap. Recipe went well and during cook, the soap was totally clear. I could see to the bottom of my pot and into China.
Next with clarity test using cold water in a clear glass the soap looked like glass. Sounds great right? But I began sirring introducing bubbles. I poured the foamy liquid into moulds. It looked okay. I thought that the bubbles would disappear. I was wrong. In the morning, though the soap had set nicely, it was opaque. You could not see through it. Nada. I was not a happy camper.
Not wanting to give up, I decided to rebatch. Like, immediately. I was going to make clear melt and pour if I had to die trying.
Second time around now.
Okay so I rebatched the 1st batch.
It melted like a dream. That was a good sign, after all I was making a melt and pour soap.
I used double the ethenol. Did not stir much at all. Only skimmed off the stuff that was firming a skin. Zero bubbles. No foam. Into home stretch.
Let cook for 30 minutes only.
Poured into moulds.
The result was beautiful clear soap!
Im so happy!

Here are some photos. One photo is a thin slice, the others are about 1 1/2 inches thick.

Attachments

• 7A0C4972-0EB2-4075-A09A-7A8A5BC32108.jpeg
    7A0C4972-0EB2-4075-A09A-7A8A5BC32108.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 37
  • AC704009-9528-402D-8A0B-0F06F8A5C4BE.jpeg
    AC704009-9528-402D-8A0B-0F06F8A5C4BE.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 42
  • CC6F5EA8-621D-4363-840D-8C3F57C96BA2.jpeg
    CC6F5EA8-621D-4363-840D-8C3F57C96BA2.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 35
Maybe starsign thought it was relevant to both categories (the gallery and melt and pour)?

@Starsign You can add pictures to media now, so there's a permanent display of your soaps
(threads, even when there's a couple, tend to disappear from view after a while) :)

Congrats on a very clear soap!:)
Thank you!

Maybe starsign thought it was relevant to both categories (the gallery and melt and pour)?

@Starsign You can add pictures to media now, so there's a permanent display of your soaps
(threads, even when there's a couple, tend to disappear from view after a while) :)
You are correct. I thought it pertained to the 2 categories, though each is written differently though.
I'll add my pics now to the media, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

In regular soap, yes - but she is making soap dough. The Sorcery recipe uses 20% castor, and it makes perfect soap dough.
Yes this is for soap dough... I used only 5% coco butter. I had pre mixed the oils n all melted...
N kept it for couple of hours to cool. Oils had not solidified when i soaped .

For mixing mica. I used oil from the recipe.. Not extra..
I purchased my mica from ali express.. Some chinese supplier.
micas r not available in india for small quantity.. I tried some supplier min order quantity was 25 kg [emoji16] [emoji16]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back