my third attempt of making soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umeali

Reaction score
Hello as I am new here in soap making so I dont take risks ,I try to make just one or two soaps .here is my third batch of soaps in which one is oatmeal honey milk soap (which is still soft after 48 hours but bottom is hard ),second is loofa soap and the third one is rose aloe vera soap .There are certain mistakes I did and learn
never use rose petal in the soap .Honey soap takes more time to be harden as compare to others .Now I need colors and fragrances in my soaps and trying to find essential oils and fragrances but still unable to find in my country.

IMG_20150802_202444.jpg

IMG_20150802_202501.jpg

IMG_20150802_202453.jpg

They are great for a third attempt :) keep going and you will learn more and more. What country are you in? There may be other diapers from the same place who can help you find supplies.

They are great for a third attempt :) keep going and you will learn more and more. What country are you in? There may be other diapers from the same place who can help you find supplies.

I don't think diapers are going to help with soaping.....I laughed so hard when I saw that. :lol:

However, if you share where you are from someone may be able to help...which I'm sure you totally understood as I did.

Shunt, I lol'ed seeing Saponista's post and then even harder after reading your reply

I wonder why people started from complicated soaps. Would it not be better start the simple one and gradually add new additives ?

Dahila is right about that, umeali. For example, oatmeal, milks and honey will all make your soap trace faster and could lead to overheating. So if you are just starting out, it is better to use a really simple recipe, just 3 or 4 oils which will not trace fast. The soap will still be really nice and pretty, sometimes the plain ones are my favorites!

We used every soap I made in the last two years, and the first one was awesome too. Before i started I really did my research, :)) and my first was CO, OO, Castor, Palm that it:))

That's true, Susie. And some people have great success right off the bat, I remember looking at Sonya's earliest soaps and being shocked at how good they were. I do think people are more likely to be happy and encouraged about the results if they start simple, though. I think I would have had trouble using milks and honey in my first couple of batches, and been sad if they didn't turn out well.

Back