My spin swirl fail redux

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
My spin swirl got too thick and you just can't swirl mashed potatoes. I wasn't happy with the way it looked, so I shredded it. Ever since I saw this blog, ( http://translate.google.com/transla...pxs&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb ) I've wanted to try some square soaps. This soaper does beautifully what I cannot...swirl. So while I like my squares, I really love hers. But at least it's a way to make the best of my spin swirl fail. I'm much happier with them now.

squares.jpg

I like the square soaps and love the blue and black confetti. It's such a lovely feeling when soap doesn't go to waste!

Nice looking soap, my fails never look that good!

Thanks, but this is what it looked like before the shred. It's not horrible, but I had envisioned beautiful, wispy swirls, so when it ended up big globs of color, I knew I wanted to do something with it, and the shreds gave me little pieces of color, which I'm much happier with. So, more often than not, a fail can be dealt with in one way or another, shreds, embeds...something. It's just a matter of figuring out what it is. So don't give up on your fails!

swirl fail split.jpg

Thanks, but this is what it looked like before the shred. It's not horrible, but I had envisioned beautiful, wispy swirls, so when it ended up big globs of color, I knew I wanted to do something with it, and the shreds gave me little pieces of color, which I'm much happier with. So, more often than not, a fail can be dealt with in one way or another, shreds, embeds...something. It's just a matter of figuring out what it is. So don't give up on your fails!

I just finished doing the dishes on what was supposed to be my first mantra swirl. I knew I used the wrong recipe but I had to try anyway. So I just kept plopping more soap and fiddling with it. It is definitely a fail! But I got to play without rushing and I'm hoping when I cut it, the swirl might show. To be honest, I've thrown away some fails, but I think I will take your advice and find creative ways to fix them. You have a great save there.

Latest posts

Back