My soy candles have holes/rough surface at the side! Help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesslyn

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm pretty new to candle making and have been using the GW464 wax to make my candles. As you can see in the photo, there are holes/cracks(?) that are quite visible at the sides of my glass candles. I heat my jars till it's warm to the touch before pouring. I add my fragrance in at 7% and at it's flashpoints around 165-185 degrees and pour at a low temperature around 120-125 degrees. I live in Singapore so it's very humid thus i dry my candles in a box with a dehumidifier. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong because all my candles keep having the same issue!! Help please!!

Attachments

• IMG_6174.jpg
    IMG_6174.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 24
Yup i’ve tried that already, it works for about 24 hours then some holes form back again and the wax starts to form wet spots in the glass jar, do you know what is causing these holes?

Hmm alright, I was thinking of making candles to sell, i know the burn isnt affected but just afraid that it looks aesthetically unpleasing.. Do you have any recommended waxes that have better glass adhesion and not cause these many holes in them?

Hmm alright, I was thinking of making candles to sell, i know the burn isnt affected but just afraid that it looks aesthetically unpleasing.. Do you have any recommended waxes that have better glass adhesion and not cause these many holes in them?
I use either paraffin, or palm.
Paraffin can have giant wet spots, and in the 20+ years of selling my candles, I have never, not once had a consumer even ask about them. Consumers care if the candle smells good and burns clean. That's literally all they care about.

Back