My son hacked my soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I work full time so several weeks ago when I was making soap and my son offered to help I said yes. He was in charge of cutting the soap. So he cuts it and puts in on my drying racks. Well between work, being a caregiver to my sister and dad, oldest son having surgery, youngest going thru a divorce and me keeping my grandbaby, I didn't look at it.
Can we just say it looks like Leatherface from Tx Chainsaw Massacre cut it!
I scored it and have him the cutter. It looks like He cut it with a vegetable peeler. Oh we'll I guess I can felt it.

Did some more investigating and found out who the culprits are!!! My sone cut the soap correctly,and put it on the rack to dry. About a week later when I was at his house with the grandbaby, my sisters 12 and 13 yr old grands came to visit. They found the soap. They saw where it was cut straight so decided to use a cheese grater to make it have lines, every bar looks like a rat chewed it. I started to felt some of it, bacause thats about all I can do. Gonna get a lock for the door!!

Oh my! Well at least it was not your son after he offered to help. But 12 & 13 year olds should know better! Hopefully they do now!

OOOOO they were Naughty :mad:.. I love the fact you put it use for felting though, good thinking.
Grounding always stinks, yet I believe in MANUAL Labor. I'd put my cost of the soap, time it tooking making and my sons time for cutting it and Charge them for their antics, by getting my chores done, so I could make another batch and felt those soaps. Half the time when my sons were grounded I'm was the one going nuts. Funny how in their 20's they had been doing their own Laundry for at least 5 to6 years due to fact they did some good old MANUAL labor for their little antics. Cheers and Hugs.

Back