My soaps for the next BB swap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful! I'm still waiting for BB to mail out my fragrance - they didn't get my initial email on the 8th saying that I wanted to participate, so I didn't buy the FO until last Wednesday.

Thank you, all!

Derpina, that cracked me up!

Matri, maybe I will get one of your soaps! I am always hoping I will get a bunch of soap made with FOs I haven't tried yet but usually I just get one or two. This might be my lucky swap though, you never know. What FO are you using for yours?

Definitely a tree. I thought to myself, "Wow, what a gorgeous tree soap!" before I read your post. I'm glad it is a tree and not my vivid imagination ;-)

i was going to participate in the swap, until i found out shipping is 40 something bucks :(

I kept wanting to ask this but forgot. Did you do the tree intentionally or purely accidental? Whatever it is, that is one awesome technique that you did.

Seven, what do you mean the shipping is $40? For BB's swaps, it's about $12-13 that you pay for the shipping of your swap box back to you. Of course you have to pay shipping to get your soap to them but if you use a regional rate A box, it's usually under $10. Where did you see $40? I think it's still open to join. You have to put the "magical swap" in your cart for a penny and then the shipping charge comes up at $12.94 or whatever. If you are buying other things at the same time, the shipping would look high because it would add everything together. I hope you join it!

The tree was completely on purpose. I've been working on pouring techniques for a bit now so was trying it out. My only disappointment was that the orange kumquats didn't drop down because I was using a squeeze bottle and the line of soap was too light to sink. However in the end I'm happy with that because if it had dropped too far, it would have made the sweepy branchy things break and that might have looked strange. Not going to complain for sure.

I thought you might laugh to know that in one batch while I was trying a pour, I ended up getting what I thought looked like a uterus complete with fallopian tubes and ovaries. Just in one soap though.

Seven, what do you mean the shipping is $40? For BB's swaps, it's about $12-13 that you pay for the shipping of your swap box back to you. Of course you have to pay shipping to get your soap to them but if you use a regional rate A box, it's usually under $10. Where did you see $40? I think it's still open to join. You have to put the "magical swap" in your cart for a penny and then the shipping charge comes up at $12.94 or whatever. If you are buying other things at the same time, the shipping would look high because it would add everything together. I hope you join it!

The tree was completely on purpose. I've been working on pouring techniques for a bit now so was trying it out. My only disappointment was that the orange kumquats didn't drop down because I was using a squeeze bottle and the line of soap was too light to sink. However in the end I'm happy with that because if it had dropped too far, it would have made the sweepy branchy things break and that might have looked strange. Not going to complain for sure.

i live far in Indonesia :D i asked BB and they said it's gonna cost me 40 bucks to join the swap. had it been 30 i might still consider it, but at 40, hmmm, i rather buy a couple of FOs.

that is awesome that you did it on purpose... and achieving it :clap: i still couldn't get it in my head how you did it, but man, you are gonna make 12 ppl happy when they get this soap in the swap.

lol @ the uterus!

Back