My soap won't stop sweating. Please help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keonee Gaenangaka

Reaction score
I have made activated charcoal soap last year in October and it has been sweating ever since. It's oily and sticky. Is there a way I can correct this? And what could be the cause so I do not repeat the same mistake next time? I made another batch of activated charcoal soap thereafter and it came out perfectly.

I seen a video where someone said it could vibe a sign that you lye solution wasn't properly mixed in with your oils. Also, if you use too much glycerin in your soap and the room temperature is cold. Those could be reason why you soap is sweating.

I seen a video where someone said it could vibe a sign that you lye solution wasn't properly mixed in with your oils. Also, if you use too much glycerin in your soap and the room temperature is cold. Those could be reason why you soap is sweating.
It was raining that day. That could be the reason.

It was raining that day. That could be the reason.
It has never happened before but I know now to double check. I usually make soap at room temperature.That room doesn't get cold but I just changed the recipe. The only good thing about the soap that played well was the scent.

Too much fragrance oil can cause this. I have not used activated charcoal it may also draw moisture from the air. The Olive oil contains glycerin that pulls moisture from the air. If you bring your soap out in the cold it will also sweat. I learned to set up my soaps slowly at markets that were early morning in the cold. Or too much sun and heat can also cause. Check your lye to water ratio and your oils to lye ratio. Your fragrance should not exceed 5% by weight. Good luck!

Back