my soap is thicker than pumpkin puree

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And whats the purpose of curing the soap for 4 weeks ? I just washed my hands and everything went great :-D just wish it had a smell

The soap is undergoing chemical changes as it cures. It becomes milder and gentler and the lather also improves as the water is evaporating out. The longer the cure the better a soap gets. Try it again in another week and you'll be surprised at the difference

Hope I phrased that right. If not I'm sure someone will correct me.

The soap is undergoing chemical changes as it cures. It becomes milder and gentler and the lather also improves as the water is evaporating out. The longer the cure the better a soap gets. Try it again in another week and you'll be surprised at the difference

Hope I phrased that right. If not I'm sure someone will correct me.

The longer the cure the better a soap gets to a certain point. After that, it stays fairly stable for a while. Depending on the recipe, soap can be cured in as little as 4 weeks or as long as a year.

My first scented bars- i made them lastnight! Yayyy
Obsi been super helpful and has walked me threw step by step along the way. Always more than willing to help.
My first scented bars are all cause of u obsi
Thank u, ans everyone whos added input :)

Latest posts

Back