My Soap Doesn't Look Right. Help!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink-north

Reaction score
I everyone. I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm always present. Anyway, I made a batch of CP today and everything went well. It came to trace I added my eo and poured it in the mold. I went back to check on it later and the soap went soft, turned a very dark brown (it was light brown to start with, and looks almost translucent.

It reminds me of HP soap. Is it possible that I may have over cooked, by covering it up too much? :?

This happened before and that batch eventually hardened up and turned out fine, but this is still new to me. Any suggestions out there would be greatly appreciated.

The color will fade as it cools and hardens up.

It's a good thing - or at least not a bad one.
Some prefer that their soaps gel, others prefer that it doesn't.

And yes, very similar to HP - the soap is generating its own heat, is all, instead of you adding the heat! But you don't need to mix it so it looks smoother in the end.

I really want to make two batches the exact same time put one in the fridge and one in the oven to see the difference. But to do that I think I also need two of the exact same molds. Which only have in small flexus molds which I usually put on an packing bad them my scentcy bars came in.

Back