My soap doesnt have a smell.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinTT

Reaction score
I use a simple recipe consisting of Olive, Coconut oil and Palm. The soap comes out perfect each time but I cant seem to get it to smell like the EO or fragrance that I add to the recipe. Please help me.

Usually, the problem with a fragrance not holding is the percentage amount you use and is it a cp soap compatible fragrance. If you buy from a reputable supplier there is usually a recommended amount of fragrance, but it is hard to help when you do not list what you are using, and how much you use. Essential oils are notorious for fading which is why fragrance oils are usually better. I always read the reviews on a fragrance before I buy. Most fragrances I use I use the rate of 6.4% of the amount of oil in my batch. There are also IFRA guidelines for the max safe amount of fragrance that can be used safely in different categories. Soap is category 9. I will not buy a fragrance that states below 6% as a safe amount.

Latest posts

Back