My September Rants, 2015

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwystedPryncess

Reaction score
Rant 1:

So, I smoke. Yes, it's horrible. Bash if some of you will, but it's my only bad habit, besides too much coffee. I'll quit (again) eventually.

I roll my own smokes, with the filter papers and a nice roller. That way, I can still afford my awful habit.

My rant? After I have cut soap on my kitchen table, thought I got up all the shavings, but noooope. Then I roll my smokes, and the tobacco goes all over the table, and soap shavings get into my smokes, so later, I'm smoking a soapy smoke. Or four or twelve.

Mmmph.

Yes, it's all my own fault. Yes, I deserve it. Doesn't make it any less pleasant.

So giggle at my expense on this one, but I had to share.

Rant 2:

People who dump kittens in busy mall parking lots. just UGH.

So last night, while my fave co-worker are and I are outside smoking soapy cigarettes (so yes, probably I deserve it for being outside smoking, and she was out of smokes, and bless her dear heart, she didn't even complain about smoking soapy smokes) we spy this teeny, tiny little marbly thing just sitting there by our store bushes.

Someone had dumped a teeny tiny kitten in a busy mall parking lot. So guess what?

Now I have a teeny tiny kitten in addition to 4 cats. Hoping someone on Facebook will take it, as it certainly can't stay here. I have one cat who barely gets along with the others, and she is having fits. She won't eat and oh myyyy is she mad at her Moms. And my pit bull.....I have never seen anything so terrified in my entire life as this pit bull is of this kitten.

What makes it worse is that the kitten absolutely adores the pit bull, so he tries to love on the bully, and the bully literally will shake in fear. So it's got to go, and soon. But surely it would have just gotten smashed in a mall parking lot. Who can do these things? This is something that just eats my soul.

Okay, End rant.

Rant 1:

And my pit bull.....I have never seen anything so terrified in my entire life as this pit bull is of this kitten.

What makes it worse is that the kitten absolutely adores the pit bull

I know that the poor bully is scared of the kitty and that is not good, but there is something pretty sweet about the notion of the love. Also, Teresa, how great if you could rescue her!

I know that the poor bully is scared of the kitty and that is not good, but there is something pretty sweet about the notion of the love. Also, Teresa, how great if you could rescue her!

I've been wanting a cat for a while, but with the three dogs, have been hesitating to get one and keep talking myself out of it. If this isn't doable, I'll probably end up bringing one home from Petsmart the next time I'm there and see the adoptions. I still have my cat stuff.

I just looked on the map. The entire state of KY is within a 14 hr (round trip) of my house. It's definitely doable. I drove from my house to Philadelphia, PA, a couple of years ago to rescue a dog. That was a 13+ hr drive just to get there. Spent the night in a hotel, got her and drove back as far as Knoxville before I found another hotel. I didn't want to run off the road and kill us both 150 miles from home.

Princess: I'll PM my phone number to you. Think about it. If you decide to rehome the kitty, I'll be happy to come get it on a weekend. It doesn't have to be this weekend.

Last edited:
T, I have kind of been wanting a kitten too. I am also nervous about how it will go over w/my (two) dogs. I am really glad that she has a good home to look forward to, one way or another. So many of them end up without them.

My only concern will be with Shredder. She is very territorial. I am her territory. Ivy is very playful and doesn't know how big she is. She used to annoy Abby to no end with her "let's play" smacks to the head. Abbs would retaliate with "OK" smacks to the nose--with claws! But the funny thing is, Abby would just randomly pounce on Ivy and run away, too. Weird. Chase is old (13ish) but still has some play left in her--when she's not being a boss.

They figure it out, right? I am assuming that the dogs have an established hierarchy/routine and introducing a baby into the mix will allow her to adapt to them rather than the other way around. At least that is what I am hoping for. Neither of mine are too territorial, I am a little worried that they will feel jealous/sad if getting less attention, though.

Guys you such gentle souls. it is difficult not to love people here :))
It goes this way; I only trust people who love animals:))

Dahila, I didn't get a dog until I was 50. I always liked them, but I was so afraid that I wouldn't be a good dog owner that I just kept putting it off. Then, when I got Fred, it was amazing to me. I fell in love with him the second I carried his little butt home (he was too scared to walk for several days, he was a rescue), and he has really changed my life and opened my heart. Patsy, the little sweet-faced 6 lb terror who thinks she is a Doberman, as well :) I really cannot overstate how much love and joy they provide. Dog owners will get it, though.

As it turns out, I may not be a good partner/girlfriend/spouse, too many issues, but I am a great dog owner! I really do recommend that anyone who is one the fence and is ready - emotionally, financially, travel-wise, etc. - do it. Especially if you are a singleton.

Back