My Second "First" Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSpaceship

Reaction score
I learned that you always take pictures of your first projects because then you always have something to refer to so you can see how far you've progressed.
In the interest of that, I (very) humbly present my second "first" soap (so named because it's actually my second, but the first first resembled rancid cheese curds and went in the garbage before photo evidence could be obtained).
This was a HP bastile with olive, castor and coconut oil. It is (hopefully) the ugliest soap I'll make, but it works beautifully and has almost completely taken the place of the store bought liquid in the bathroom.

UT9L6Nj.jpg

Save a scrap of that to try a year from now and smile. I still have my first soap like that and I adore it - and it got even better!

Thanks for the tip Seawolfe, I'll do that, but it may be hard to resist using it up, I'm hoping that my to CP batches come out as well so I can rotate through bars.
Oooo, that must be some amazing soap!

It's always nice for soap to be pretty, but what's really important is how it feels. So despite it's shortbread looks, it's still a rousing success.....congrats!!!

Latest posts

Back