My Saponifactory

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful Soap!

I adore your racks! Haha, that sounds a little odd, but still...

Yes they are beautiful! I like the lemon one WITH the poppy seeds. I'll have to check into whipped soaps. First I need to master CP! LOL.

Oh my goodness...this is like a snap shot from my mind!
They are exactly what I had in mind, aesthetically, for my own soaps...and as someone mentioned...you're racks are nice...lol :twisted:

Thank you all for the lovely comments.

The soap is all made with Palm, Coconut, Olive and Castor oils. I only use Essential Oils as most of my customers prefer them to FO's.

The EO's are reasonably economical to use in Whipped soap (and, by the way, when are we getting an abbreviation for this method ?).

I use on average 25 ml EO per 1010 g oils and the aroma is very strong and lasts right to the end of the bar.

WS (whipped soap ?) also seems to cure faster than CP. Someone once suggested that may be due to the air which has been whipped into it. I do not have the patience to wait for CP to cure and the WS bars are ready to use in just 2 weeks. I have even used WS after 1 weeks cure and it was great.

Sugar added at 60 g per 1010 g oil also produces a nice hard bar.

just beautiful
great job
god i wish i had one of them see through molds....

kallista said:
just beautiful
great job
god i wish i had one of them see through molds....

Thanks. The molds/liners are really easy to make from those flexible chopping mats but they need to be supported by wood. A bit of duct tape, some insulation tape to hold the sides up and you are all set.

The WS logs are difficult to unmold unless you have a flexible mold/liner which you can peel away from the log, and these "liners" can be re-used many times.

I had a construction drawing for the liners at one time. I will see whether I can find it and then post a link for it.

ETA
Here is the link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9703803@N05/sets/72157607995875765/

I need to add that I also secure some insulation tape across the four base corners to prevent leakage.

Latest posts

Back