My rack :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godiva

Reaction score
These are three that I have on the curing rack, and two more that are still in the mold.

From the left, there's Secret Forest (Cedarwood & Eucalyptus EO, and alfalfa leaf powder), Sandman (Cedarwood & Lavender EO, Lavender Flower powder), and Happy Feet (Lavender, Peppermint & Tea Tree EO, Calendula petal powder).

I got the EO blends from Rainbow Meadow. Love that site.

Here is Oatmeal and Honey. I toasted the oatmeal before I ground it coarsely. No EO, but it smells good. I have yet to cut it.

And my latest, Ease Me - Lavender, Rosemary & Tea Tree EOs, tumeric for color. I did CPOP this one. This is after I poured and before oven.

I also played around with some POP colors - I'm going to post those on another topic. I just like the natural colors better personally. I ordered some from Emporium Naturals - can't wait to try them.

They look wonderful! I love the natural look, I am partial to that!

I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the title of your post...... :wink:

The soaps look wonderful!

Jude

heyjude said:
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from the title of your post...... :wink:

The soaps look wonderful!

Jude

Did that on purpose :wink: :wink:

I feel fairly comfortable making one color soap right now - especially with using just EOs vs FOs. I'm trying to get the hang of swirling and different designs - I'm amazed by some of the soap I've seen on here. Like the chamomile (I think the title was something like sliced two today). I was in awe.

The turmeric soap looks like it will be a very interesting color! Can't wait to see cut pics!

x

lovely soaps!

i really like "eau naturelle"!

btw, is that a creekside mold? (i love my 5 pounder!)

very nice job! :D

Re: x

heartsong said:
lovely soaps!

Thanks about the soap.

Alas, not creekside - home made. I made four of these out of pine wood 2 x 4's and wood screws. Did not have money to buy molds. I'm not a carpenter - some of the wood screws caused the wood to crack, but did not affect the mold. I found Keith's tutorial on making molds after, and perhaps will make more later using his tut.

Godiva said:
heartsong said:
lovely soaps!

Thanks about the soap.

Alas, not creekside - home made. I made four of these out of pine wood 2 x 4's and wood screws. Did not have money to buy molds. I'm not a carpenter - some of the wood screws caused the wood to crack, but did not affect the mold. I found Keith's tutorial on making molds after, and perhaps will make more later using his tut.

well, you did fine by me! i wish i was handier with a saw! :D

heartsong said:
Godiva said:
heartsong said:
lovely soaps!

Thanks about the soap.

well, you did fine by me! i wish i was handier with a saw! :D

They work satisfactorily for me! If you go to Home Depot or Lowes, they will cut your wood for you. I had them cut 3 pieces the same length, then used a hacksaw to cut the end pieces. Later I bought a band saw. Now I want one of those oscillating tools - I think dremmel is the one I have my eye one - but first I need $100. Might have to save that dream for x-mas.

All are quite lovely!!! Very professional looking, and I bet they smell wonderful!

Back