My quest for coconut:

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This company was not even on my radar until this post. Tvivian, you should get them to send you a coupon. (Or some free FO. )

It wasn't on mine either until cmzaha (Carolyn) told us about their coconut! She deserves the credit for finding that one :) I'm definitely interested in trying out more of their FO's.

Thanks for doing all that work, Viv. Coconut seems to be the one scent that every one wants to use at least occasionally and seems to be the hardest to find. One that will actually work, I mean.

I think soapsupplies.net is great, too, and that Paige is a really nice responsive person. Their cool citrus basil is by far my favorite of any of the versions out there.

I am wondering what usage rate you recommend for Caribbean coconut?

I feel kind of dumb posting this since I am just beginning compared to you guys but I love BB's Coconut Cream. It discolors to a light tan in CP and does lose a bit of it's punch so I would go fairly heavy on the usage, but it smells dreamy to me as far as coconut scent goes. I have used it in lotion and CP soap as well as rebatch (the first soap I ever tried)

Coconut Lime

One of my top selling soaps is Coconut lime. I get it from Tamera's Soaping Scents facebook group. I have been using her FOs for several years and they are all top notch with good pricing. This is my 100% coconut oil soap with 20% SF, coconut milk as 50% of liquids. HP in crockpot.

Photo 6.jpg

Last edited:
Bumping an old thread - but it's such a good thread! I just bought and soaped MMS Coconut and Toasted Coconut. Tvivian, if you'd like a sample of the soap, PM me your address. I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full! Also, I was wondering - which FO did you think was the closest to unrefined virgin coconut oil in lotion?

Bumping an old thread - but it's such a good thread! I just bought and soaped MMS Coconut and Toasted Coconut. Tvivian, if you'd like a sample of the soap, PM me your address. I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full! Also, I was wondering - which FO did you think was the closest to unrefined virgin coconut oil in lotion?

Hi there! I've been MIA, but I did see that you tried to PM me :) I deleted messages and renewed my membership so .. I'd love some samples and will message you. Thanks!

Unrefined virgin Coconut oil was exactly the scent I was going for when I did this test... I really feel like none of them ended up smelling like that. They really all had a touch of something artificial whether it be suntan oil or fruitiness.

I took a long break from soaping and just got started again this month. There are a few other coconut scents that I'm eager to try.

How to make coconut oil plzz

How to make coconut oil?
You don't make it, you buy it :)
Where in this vast earth are you located, for we will direct you to a location that sells some coconut oil for making soap with.

She tested coconut fragrance oils for soap, fragrance only, yet you seem to have asked for coconut oil in the raw so to speak, which is purchased and used as an oil in soap making, not a fragrance that she was testing.

Elaborate please, for more info is more "helpful info", and we'll gladly help!

:)

Good to see you back TViv :)

Dixie, how do you like the two mms coconuts?

Hi there! I've been MIA, but I did see that you tried to PM me :) I deleted messages and renewed my membership so .. I'd love some samples and will message you. Thanks!

Unrefined virgin Coconut oil was exactly the scent I was going for when I did this test... I really feel like none of them ended up smelling like that. They really all had a touch of something artificial whether it be suntan oil or fruitiness.

I took a long break from soaping and just got started again this month. There are a few other coconut scents that I'm eager to try.

Happy to see you back. I have learned so much from you, and hurting for some new instagram pics lol.

Latest posts

Back