My Potato hamburger bun

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biarine

Reaction score
Just bake a potato hamburger buns. It’s a little bit darker the top but I like it this way. Very soft and melt in the mouth.

IMG_6269.jpg
IMG_6264.jpg

Looks good.
I make an orange and almond meal cake and use mashed potato for 1/2 the almond meal. It is really good - not as heavy as straight almond meal to eat. No flour

Really I never use mashed potato in cake but in my country Philippines we used purple yam just similar to potato.

Mmm, looks delishious, biarine, you made me hungry!:)

In Norway we use boiled and mashed up potatoes in a huge variety of things, not just food, but cakes too. And also, along with a littlebit of flour and liquid, we make something we call "Potetlompe", which is baked on a iron stovetop or in a huge iron pan. Then we spread butter on it and sprinkle sugar and a littlebit of cinnamon on top, roll it up and eat it along with a steamy hot cup of tea or coffee.

We also - and this is going to sound strange to you in forum-land, but we also eat it by wrapping our hotdogs in it, and chomp it down like there is no tomorrow. (Did I hear an err, what?? o_O)

We also make "Lefse" using potatoes, a thicker type than the "lompe", and it is fluffy, like a matress for a small doll:D

The potatoe is so usefull, and it saved a lot of lives during the war(s) here in Norway. So much so that Knut Hamsun wrote in his book "Markens Grøde" - I am translating this for you as google probably will not be accurate enough -
A man can be without bread, but as long as he has the potato, he will never be without food.

Combining bread and potatoes? I approve, even though I do have to watch my carbs...:D

eta, sorry, didn`t mean to ramble on about potatoes and Lefse...:rolleyes:

Mmm, looks delishious, biarine, you made me hungry!:)

In Norway we use boiled and mashed up potatoes in a huge variety of things, not just food, but cakes too. And also, along with a littlebit of flour and liquid, we make something we call "Potetlompe", which is baked on a iron stovetop or in a huge iron pan. Then we spread butter on it and sprinkle sugar and a littlebit of cinnamon on top, roll it up and eat it along with a steamy hot cup of tea or coffee.

We also - and this is going to sound strange to you in forum-land, but we also eat it by wrapping our hotdogs in it, and chomp it down like there is no tomorrow. (Did I hear an err, what?? o_O)

We also make "Lefse" using potatoes, a thicker type than the "lompe", and it is fluffy, like a matress for a small doll:D

The potatoe is so usefull, and it saved a lot of lives during the war(s) here in Norway. So much so that Knut Hamsun wrote in his book "Markens Grøde" - I am translating this for you as google probably will not be accurate enough -
A man can be without bread, but as long as he has the potato, he will never be without food.

Combining bread and potatoes? I approve, even though I do have to watch my carbs...:D

eta, sorry, didn`t mean to ramble on about potatoes and Lefse...:rolleyes:

Wow that’s awesome, I never hear that recipe but I am interested. I know Scandinavian cooking is very good. [emoji106]

Me too, I’ll try to watch my carb but I can’t get away with it [emoji23].

Wow that’s awesome, I never hear that recipe but I am interested. I know Scandinavian cooking is very good. [emoji106]

Me too, I’ll try to watch my carb but I can’t get away with it [emoji23].

Tell me about it...:oops::p

If you feel adventurous one day, here is a very good link to a great recipe. In Norway we have several types of lefse, my recipe is for a more fluffy, "matress" kind of type, but this one here is also a classic one, it is very good. It will give you an inkling of what lefse looks like, and the step by step process:)

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18082/norwegian-lefse/

Tell me about it...:oops::p

If you feel adventurous one day, here is a very good link to a great recipe. In Norway we have several types of lefse, my recipe is for a more fluffy, "matress" kind of type, but this one here is also a classic one, it is very good. It will give you an inkling of what lefse looks like, and the step by step process:)

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18082/norwegian-lefse/

Thank you. I will try the recipe.

They look professional!
Do you mind sharing the recipe. I used to make fluffy buns from sourdough, not anymore after I got allergies.

They look professional!
Do you mind sharing the recipe. I used to make fluffy buns from sourdough, not anymore after I got allergies.

Thank you, yes here’s below:

Kartoffelbrot buns

Ingredients
1 cup of mashed potato with 4 tablespoons full fat milk
3 cups strong white flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon soya lecithin ( optional )
7 grams yeast
1.5 tablespoons semi-skimmed dried milk
1 teaspoon sea salt
25 grams butter
2 tablespoons Light olive
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar ( optional )
2 large eggs with 1 egg yolk, beaten
2 tablespoons potato cooking water plus 3 to 5 tablespoons if needed ( don’t put all all in one )
Sesame ( optional)

Procedures
1. mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Also combine all wet ingredients.
3. Then add the wet to flour mixture.
4. Use the dough hook and knead for 10 minutes if using hand maybe 13-15 minutes of kneading.
5. Put in greased bowl and let it rise for 1 to 1.5 or until double in size. Cover with clean cloth.
6. Knead for another 2 minutes and make a ball as big or small as you like. Put in greased baking tray.
7. Set aside and cover and let it rise until double in size.
8. Brush with beaten egg white and Bake in pre-heated in oven 190 centigrade for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Enjoy with butter.

Note:
Don’t put all cooking water in one go just put 2 tablespoons first because it’s depend on your flour that you’re using as well as your environment. If it still dry add more tablespoon at a time.

Thank you, yes here’s below:

Kartoffelbrot buns

Ingredients
1 cup of mashed potato with 4 tablespoons full fat milk
3 cups strong white flour
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon soya lecithin ( optional )
7 grams yeast
1.5 tablespoons semi-skimmed dried milk
1 teaspoon sea salt
25 grams butter
2 tablespoons Light olive
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar ( optional )
2 large eggs with 1 egg yolk, beaten
2 tablespoons potato cooking water plus 3 to 5 tablespoons if needed ( don’t put all all in one )
Sesame ( optional)

Procedures
1. mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
2. Also combine all wet ingredients.
3. Then add the wet to flour mixture.
4. Use the dough hook and knead for 10 minutes if using hand maybe 13-15 minutes of kneading.
5. Put in greased bowl and let it rise for 1 to 1.5 or until double in size. Cover with clean cloth.
6. Knead for another 2 minutes and make a ball as big or small as you like. Put in greased baking tray.
7. Set aside and cover and let it rise until double in size.
8. Brush with beaten egg white and Bake in pre-heated in oven 190 centigrade for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Enjoy with butter.

Note:
Don’t put all cooking water in one go just put 2 tablespoons first because it’s depend on your flour that you’re using as well as your environment. If it still dry add more tablespoon at a time.

Thank you biarine, no wonder it's fluffy, I see the ingredients. Looks great recipe to me. I have few questions please,
what type of potatoes you use? What is the fat milk you are using, and what do you mean by strong flour?
Thank you again.

Yes 3 cups strong bread flour 1/2 to 3/4 all purpose flour. I used baking potato. I use full fat milk but you can use semi if you like. Thank you. [emoji4]

Back