My Peaks OOB review

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskandbowl

Reaction score
Just placed my first order with Peaks and boy am I impressed! I ordered Friday afternoon and it shipped out same day. Fast shipping too, my order got here this evening (Tuesday)

Wasn't a big order, but I thought I'd post my review here anyway :wink:

Spiced Cranberry- I bought a bar of this scent from another soaper and immediately fell in love. I had to have my own bottle :) It's definitely heavy on the cranberry, and I don't get a lot of spice, but it's a lovely deep scent.

McEntosh Apple- Wow, this is spot on. Not too sweet, but not too sharp either. Smells of apple and apple blossom. Wonderful. The BF took a whiff, stopped, sniffed again, smiled, and said "That's GOOD!" It takes a lot to impress him, even my most favorite scents get a "it's okay" from him.

Sunflower- bought this based on a good review at the SSRB. Smells great! Very fresh and floral, but not cloying. I think it might be my new fave.

Wild Mountain Honey- I was really excited to smell this based on what I've read about it on various forum. After sniffing, I'm not sure what to think. To my nose, it's very powdery and floral, I was expecting something more like well,honey. It reminds me a lot of Honey House Naturals soap (commercial soap) I don't hate it, but I don't love it. We'll see how I like it soaped.

Can't wait, happy soaping!

EDIT: I also forgot that they threw in a 1oz sample of Key Lime. It's pretty nice too, a sweet lime.

Last edited:
thank you for posting! it's been ages since I've ordered from peaks, but I remember their coconut lime verbena was quite nice, even tho coconut doesn't ever seem to really make it thru the lye process, it was still quite lovely.

I think Peaks WM Honey smells just like honey when it's soaped.

Black Canyon is horribly discoloring but it's crazy popular, esp among men.

I recently soaped their MacIntosh Apple and it's pretty dead-on apple.

I haven't smelled their Spiced Cranberry or Sunflower but I might have to try those now! (Chart says SUnflower moves really really fast, FYI before you soap it)

Their scents are pretty popular- this spreadsheet might be helpful to you, and other vendors are tabbed at the bottom:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...authkey=CMTEtswL&hl=en&authkey=CMTEtswL#gid=0

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that Spiced Cranberry is really, really good! It is very popular. I also love the way WMhoney smells once soaped, but it's stupid strong! Brown Sugar and Fig is also very nice.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions everyone. I'm usually kind of "meh" about fragrances when I smell them OOB, but they grow on me once soaped.

I'm really happy with Peaks, to me their fragrances seem to have a lot more depth than the suppliers I usually order from.

I really wanted to get Black Canyon, but had to limit myself this time :p My wishlist just keeps growing and growing

I bought Black Canyon, have not soaped yet but their Tall Grass sold out instantly. Now I want some of the apple! McIntosh are my favorite...

Back