My Past 3 Weeks of Soaping, pull up a chair...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egirlxx7

Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna go in order as best I can to let you know what the past couple weeks have been like for me and soap making....

So first, I tried to make another milk soap.
Oatmeal, Milk and Honey w. Coconut milk

7744141200_d160676860_z.jpg

Then I did a Olive Oil and GM soap

7744206534_84e620c054_b.jpg

Next, I made some Salt Bars
I was very anxious to try, I think they turned out OK, they are still curing, this is week 3 for them.
I used one of the OASIS juice containers for the mold

7744140860_0ab4ed788d_z.jpg

Vanilla Maple scented soap
I split the batch and scented half, and used that to swirl a bit, cause the last time I made it, it turned the whole soap brown as I didn't have a color stabalizer and I was a bit confused over the TD I have, thinking to whiten up part, but was nervous to try the TD, so I'm hoping I get a vanilla/maple look once these bars are cured fully, as a friend asked for this soap
7744141040_93f2c29e5e_z.jpg

I decided to make my bars more uniform, so I went out and got some wood and built me a soap box..... 2 actually... :oops: (I think I did a good job :mrgreen: )

7744195760_ecf30223c2_z.jpg

Ok, .....
So Grandma is here from the States...and she liked my fav soap. which is the
OO, CO, with poppy seeds and lavender buds, Lavender EO, (HP)
So I made her some, which she will take back with her when she is going back home (ssshhhh, its a surprise...)

7744142646_1eacce2cb2_z.jpg

and finally
a spin off of the "see you later alligator"
Just using my own oils I have on hand - HP - and it smells great with its natural scent

7744166912_99459e0f8c_z.jpg

... So, for those who have read my other post.. you know now why I ran outta lye... but like I said. its all good now..

Thanks
EGirl :D

Wow, you have been busy...I love each and every one of your soaps, especially the salt bar and the HP! Great job on the new molds, they look great!

Thanks so much.

I'm getting the courage to do some adventurous swirls like other other great soapers I've seen already, I hope they turn out ok
and then I will have more exciting pictures to post...

The first time I attempted a swirl, my soaps turned into a Marbled mess... :oops:

but I'm still just a newb :mrgreen:

My very first batch of soap was with ground oatmeal, I haven't even tried it yet and I'm already itching to make another batch thanks to you, lol. The idea of putting whole bits of oatmeal ontop never even occurred to me but it just looks so neat!

Having poppy seeds in the kitchen, I was curious to use them until someone said they can be extremely scratchy, but they just look so nifty in your soap, it reminds me of kiwis. I love kiwis.

Your salt soap however, looks green. Is that a trick of the camera or is it actually green thanks to some salt? Mine turned out WHITE and I really like the idea of that almost faded green colour yours have. Especially interested if it wasn't from a dye. (Dye scares me but I'm eager to try it)

They all look great! Good job on the HP tops - looks nicely textured. My HP tops were always rough looking and looked like they'd inflict painful lacerations when used. Thanks for sharing the pics. :D

Thanks Cally!

I haven't had any problems with the OO w. the poppy seeds, the family & extended family have been using it and we all like it.
(OO = 70%, CO = 25%, Castor Oil = 5% , 8% superfat)

I too, also heard that poppy seeds can be harsh, if used excessively, I made a large batch, 4 pounds of oil, and I used about 3 tbl spoons (approx) of poppy seeds.

As for my salt bars, yes I did color them with a bit of green oxide, it was the first time I tried to add color to my soap..... I'm getting braver as my legs grow stronger every day.
:mrgreen:
>>>

Thanks Hazel,

I saw the textured style and liked it, I am going to work on textured tops with the CP soap so they look a bit more interesting

>>>

Thanks Pepsi Girl,
In the oatmeal, milk and honey soap, I also used the "oatmeal, milk and honey" FO which gave it a great smell that everyone seems to love (this batch I forgot to add the honey... :oops: ) ... but I plan too... next time :p

Beautiful soaps!

And how clever are you, making your own wood moulds? You've inspired me to make my own, especially since they almost cost an arm and a leg to buy in Aus - plus the other arm and a leg for postage, leaving you nothing to work with! lol.

Thank you countymounty22, SueSoap, and thank you SkinLover :)

The molds were super easy, I purchased 1 long piece of pine wood from Home Depot and had them cut the pieces for me.

The wood i purchased was $12.02 before tax, the long pine board measurement was 1 inch thick by 4 inch Width X 10 FT Long the board was already smooth and only a light touch of sanding was needed

2 pieces 5 inches for the ends, and 3 pieces 13 Inches for the bottom and sides, this made a 4 pound soap mold. (double that to get 2 molds)

All I did was glue, and nail then soap some more :mrgreen:

- The wood glue was about $5 and the finishing nails (about 1.5 inches length) cost about $2.50,

so size of soaps come to 3.5 x 2.5 and 13 bars 1 Inch thick... when I can see straight

All these wonderful comments makes me want to hibernate for another 3 weeks ..... who knows what I will come back with.... :oops: :roll:

very nice job!!! i made wood molds too on a whim and am so happy that i didnt have to spend that much for soap molds...

Latest posts

Back