My packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the packaging. So professional, yet so simple. May I ask ho
w long does it take to package one bar?

I finally settled on packaging for my soap. I only plan to sell online at this point, so I'm OK with wrapping the whole bar. If I ever sell at farmers markets, I'd probably just set out a naked bar for see-n-sniff purposes. I really like the way this has turned out. :)

I wrapped with a sheet of dry waxed deli paper and tied with bakers twine (no tape or glue, the twine keeps it wrapped), then slid the paper labels under the twine. I want to avoid the use of any plastic or adhesives in my packaging, while still have a secure and pleasing package.

Congratulation on this green Packaging. Everything in this nice pack is recyclable. I love it.

I love the packaging. So professional, yet so simple. May I ask ho
w long does it take to package one bar?

Thanks! The deli paper is pre-cut and in an interflded pop-up box and I pre-cut a bunch of the twine. I print a sheet of 12 labels at a time (and I make 18" loaves, so I get 12 1.5" bars from each loaf), which I currently cut by hand, but I'll probably get a little paper cutter soon to make cleaner cuts. Right now it takes maybe 30 seconds to wrap each bar. Not too bad. I put the twine down the set the deli paper on top of that, then set the bar down, fold the paper around it and pull up the twine and tie it off. Then I just slip the label under the twine.

Love your packaging! So super neat, but boy that must be one big ole bar...at 6.5 oz...:smile:

Thanks! Yep, it's a big bar. I wanted it to be a bit different and rustic and I think the size contributes to that. The cool thing is that if people want a smaller bar, they can easily slice it in half and get two "normal" sized bars. It's "choose your own adventure" soap. ;)

This post is over 6 years old. I know you are new, please don't pull up old threads. Generally the posters have not been here in quite some time. You are welcome to start a new post if you have a question or providing information and linking to the original post for reference.

Thank you!

This post is over 6 years old. I know you are new, please don't pull up old threads. Generally the posters have not been here in quite some time. You are welcome to start a new post if you have a question or providing information and linking to the original post for reference.

Thank you!
oh dear - but learned a new word today about necroposting - a dead post - oh yum - so I shall continue lurking

Latest posts

Back