My other passion........ it's pretty unique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I thought i would take a moment and show ya'll one of my other passions. Well I learned how to do it well and perfected the process, and I do quite well with them, by selling them.

I make these great doll bottles using real baby bottles and filling them with non-toxic liquids and they are made to look like the real thing. I use all sorts of bottles and all brands and sizes. If it's a baby bottle I can turn it into a doll bottle !!! Here are just a few samples.

Many doll collectors buy them as props or mom's for their little girls to play with.

Here are just a couple of the liquids that I make to put in my doll bottles.

6155_-_6.gif

6155_-_4.gif

6155_-_8.gif

I also use the hospital issue bottles of formula as well.

1.gif

2.gif

AND i'm a beginner at painting dolls,

this is the doll I started with.

sampleclothbody.gif

And she's not quite done yet, I haven't decided if i'm going to hand root hair or order her a wig. And I haven't opened her nose up, meaning drilled it out and then place dark felt inside her head to give it the look of being open and depth. Oh and I borrowed the body off another doll, lol so the body on this one is weighted but her hands, feet and head are not weighted yet. When she is done will will weigh between 3-4 pounds and will be about 18" long and will wear preemie sized clothes from the infants department.

2.gif

6.gif

5.gif

4.gif

3.gif

1-1.gif

Wow. It's amazing how different it looks with eyelashes and real clothes!

That is really neat. It looks like something that takes alot of patience and attention to detail.

Faithy, this Doll is lovely! I used to make porcelain baby dolls with my grandmother, but they never looked this good! We'd mix the porcelain slip, pour it into the mold, clean off the seams, fire it in the kiln, paint it, make and stuff the body, make the clothes and sometimes even crochet a little bonnet! WAY WAY WAY too much work but it made my grandmother happy.

That's awesome. Love the baby bottles!
I've seen the doll thing before. It's amazing. :)

That is so cool! I have always wanted to try reborning but I just cant stand to spend all that money for something I may not love doing! Your doll is coming out lovely though! Great work!

Back