My other hobby

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeel

Reaction score
I Love to quilt. I am not that good at it but I love doing it and giving the quilts away. This is a quilt I made my daughter for Christmas last year.

DSCN0775.jpg

Skeel, That is a work of art! It reminds me of warmth on a cold winter night in childhood.. and the love of my dear Mother.

Wow Neil...thanks for those kind words...I hope my daughter feels that way about it :)

Thanks Dragonfly and Laurie too.

Beautiful! I have just recently gotten my first sewing machine, and have really enjoyed some basic projects like curtains and tablecloths. How hard is it to jump into quilting. Did you teach yourself, or did you take a class?

Sewing the top part was easy since there are patterns in all kinds of books but putting together the quilt with the backing and then actually quilting was harder for me. But again there are some great books that can teach you all about it. I basically just taught myself. If I can do it...anyone can :)

Absolutely beautiful!!!! :D I like to think I'm pretty crafty....but not THAT crafty.

Joanne

Lovely. I have never been able to sew well. :( I have quilts that my grandmother handstitched during WWII. I treasure them so very much...so whoever receives this is going to always cherish it. Awesome work! k

that's so beautiful! I love making patchwork clothing, but have not made a quilt yet.

Wow! That is beautiful!

I'd love to learn how to quilt someday.... it's on my "LEARN HOW TO DO" list..... which is quite long :oops:

some day.... :)

Beautiful quilt! I just now saw this thread. I also quilt.

Dragon - there are various strip techniques now that can make intricate designs very quickly. It is called "stripping". :lol: Eleanor Burns has a great book out named "Still Stripping After All These Years".

Digit

Latest posts

Back