My other "Hobby"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthygirl

Reaction score
Yes yes, like I don't have enough to do....

This was done with a 14 day wild sourdhough starter(made from grapes)

Rosemary Olive Oil Sourdough
I got 2 loaves out of this. DH just loves it!
IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

earthygirl said:
DH=dear hubby :wink:

Ahhhh. I thought maybe you sold some to an American League baseball team and the designated hitter really enjoyed it. Oh well, always learning.

Also in typical woman style, whether you are pleased with him or upset you can use the same abbv. and he will never know. :wink:

LOL, that was funny, ED1 Us gusy are the last to know... :shock:

I love sourdough. :D I can smell it through this lap-top's screen! :D 8) I have made my own starter from wild yeast, bought some a month ago from Silver Dollar City in Branson. I can't seem to make a decent loaf for my life! I'd love a bit of your starter earthygirl! Cool looking bread!!!!

Paul.... :) :wink:

Well I tasted a smidge of it. Since I can't eat more than a quarter of a slice its a challange to taste what I'm baking. Not sour enough for me yet. gonna have to ferment a bit more. I am thinking that next time I make this I will infuse my OO with the fresh Rosemary then add the chopped. can you tell I like the taste of rosemary? :)

sure thing.
you want the bread recipe or the starter recipe or both. mind you the starter takes 14 days :shock: then the bread another 2 days

That looks scrumptious!

My 81 year old Dad visited today and made 6 loaves of his famous raisin breads. Wow, did they ever turn out great, even though he complained all the way through the process.....about my mixer being too small and not the right kind, , so we had to knead it in two pieces by hand...about no shortening to grease the pans with (I had to run to a neighbour's to borrow some, butter wouldn't do); I bought the wrong kind of raisins; and I didn't have whole milk, only 2%.

but he was a trooper, suffered through it all, and succeeded well.

I had forgotten what a pleasure fresh kneaded bread is.

I'm making pasteries this weekend. cream cheese snails. I am also going to give my Aunts apple cake recipe a whirl. or maybe her sugar crescents. Man I wish I could eat this stuff lol

Woodi you need to post pics of your dad's bread!

Back