My NOT Seascape Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pretty bummed about the July challenge being NOT seascape since I just made 96 of them!

My beautiful, smart, talented and very giving sister, Valerie, is getting married after almost 20 yrs being single! The wedding is at the end of July and is a beach theme. All guests are encouraged (basically required) to wear swim trunks, island print dresses, and flip flops. They're going to have a contest to see who arrives in the best foot wear so I'm planning to bling up cheapo rubber beach sandals.

She asked me to make some beachy soap and lotions/potions to give as prizes for the shoe contest and other fun games so I sorta went mad with it, lol. I ended up making 4 different scents and cut most in half so they're guest sized bars.

The first is Maui Moon-Rise. It's my take on Soap Queen's Sahara Sunset, just changed from desert to beach. It's scented with NG's Sweet Orange Chili Pepper with a touch of patch. The moon is white M&P colored with Mad Mica's Bright Yellow Raincoat.

The 2nd is Bali Beach Bum scented with FB's Celestial Sea. I used ground oats in the brown portion to mimic sand particles. I LOVE this scent. It really plays nicely in CP so I had time to design.

3rd is Caribbean Surf scented with BB's Lemongrass Mojito.

4th is Jamaica Me Crazy with scent of the same name by NG. This one morphed into something unrecognizable from the OOB scent. It's horrible to me! Probably because I was expecting the tropical notes and can detect none in the cured soap. My sis and her guy like it so that's all that matters!

Finally, a pic of the 4 different soaps together. She'll use them as table decor along with sea shells, little lanterns, coral, etc, then have everyone take one with them.:)
V&L Maui Moonrise 03.jpg
V&L Maui Moonrise 02.jpg
V&L Bali Beach Bum 01.jpg
V&L Bali Beach Bum 04.jpg
V&L Caribbean Surf 01.jpg
V&L Caribbean Surf 03.jpg
V&L Jamaica Me Crazy 07.jpg
V&L Jamaica Me Crazy 04.jpg
V&L All Beachy Soaps 02.jpg

Lol you'd have had to make new soap for the challenge anyway

I love the look of Bali Beach bum! They're all great but this is my favorite... Great job on smooth layers on that first one. I even zoomed in to wow at it hehe

Lol you'd have had to make new soap for the challenge anyway

True, still it cracked me up when I saw "NOT seascape". Turned around to stare at my 96 curing bars of beachy soap and had to laugh my butt off!

I love the look of Bali Beach bum! They're all great but this is my favorite... Great job on smooth layers on that first one. I even zoomed in to wow at it hehe

Thanks Dawni! The uncut bars of Bali Beach Bum almost look like an angry sea to me, a bit dramatic, so I'm glad I cut those in half. I really don't want "angry" soap at my sister's wedding, lol!

Very pretty Krista - I like them all. Your sister must be so pleased, and her wedding guests will love them.

I hope you can find time to make a landscape attempt and join the challenge. At least you have a method that is well practiced :)

Very Nice !

Thanks so much Lin!

These are so magnificent. I am in awe!
Best wishes to your sister- it sounds like the wedding will be a blast :)

That's so kind of you Cellador! I'm sure the wedding will be a blast but HOT! We'll be in Phoenix but luckily, poolside:hippo:

Very pretty Krista - I like them all. Your sister must be so pleased, and her wedding guests will love them.

I hope you can find time to make a landscape attempt and join the challenge. At least you have a method that is well practiced :)

Thanks dibbles! I've been giving it a lot of thought and wondering how I can adapt any of these designs into landscape. My problem, as always, is TIME! I have 2 baby showers, 2 weddings and an engagement party to attend this month. What makes it more time consuming is wrapping & labeling the soap I made for all those events, plus they take place in 3 different states! Not to mention the house guests I'll have for a week.... ugh... :hairpulling::hairpulling:

Wonderful soaps! I especially like the Maui moonrise. It's simply just stunning..

Wonderful soaps! I especially like the Maui moonrise. It's simply just stunning..

Thanks so much szaza! You know how you have a plan and look in your head, do your best during the pour, but don't know if you're successful until the cut? That's exactly how this batch went. Fortunately it came out (almost) how I wanted it to look so that was pretty exciting! :okay:

I was pretty bummed about the July challenge being NOT seascape since I just made 96 of them!

My beautiful, smart, talented and very giving sister, Valerie, is getting married after almost 20 yrs being single! The wedding is at the end of July and is a beach theme. All guests are encouraged (basically required) to wear swim trunks, island print dresses, and flip flops. They're going to have a contest to see who arrives in the best foot wear so I'm planning to bling up cheapo rubber beach sandals.

She asked me to make some beachy soap and lotions/potions to give as prizes for the shoe contest and other fun games so I sorta went mad with it, lol. I ended up making 4 different scents and cut most in half so they're guest sized bars.

The first is Maui Moon-Rise. It's my take on Soap Queen's Sahara Sunset, just changed from desert to beach. It's scented with NG's Sweet Orange Chili Pepper with a touch of patch. The moon is white M&P colored with Mad Mica's Bright Yellow Raincoat.

The 2nd is Bali Beach Bum scented with FB's Celestial Sea. I used ground oats in the brown portion to mimic sand particles. I LOVE this scent. It really plays nicely in CP so I had time to design.

3rd is Caribbean Surf scented with BB's Lemongrass Mojito.

4th is Jamaica Me Crazy with scent of the same name by NG. This one morphed into something unrecognizable from the OOB scent. It's horrible to me! Probably because I was expecting the tropical notes and can detect none in the cured soap. My sis and her guy like it so that's all that matters!

Finally, a pic of the 4 different soaps together. She'll use them as table decor along with sea shells, little lanterns, coral, etc, then have everyone take one with them.:)View attachment 40058 View attachment 40059 View attachment 40060 View attachment 40061 View attachment 40062 View attachment 40063 View attachment 40064 View attachment 40065 View attachment 40066

Oh MY those are absolutely stunning!! All of them...but I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with that first one!!! gorgeous!
:winner:

Back