My newbie soaping adventure and things I've learned along the way...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36) You promise yourself that you're going to use all of the FOs that you have on hand before you buy any more. Then your favorite FO supplier has a huge sale, and you way over-order. I know I'm not the only FO ho on this board!

Hahahahaha if I had funds to do this I would SO be guilty of it Hahahahaha

36) You promise yourself that you're going to use all of the FOs that you have on hand before you buy any more. Then your favorite FO supplier has a huge sale, and you way over-order. I know I'm not the only FO ho on this board!

I visited one of my oil suppliers on the weekend and they had sample jars of all their FOs and EOs. I got a headache smelling them. I so wanted to buy Moroccan Spice but didn't have my notes with me on how it would behave so I resisted and now so regret it! Much better to have too many than too few!

37. You gift your friends a variety of soaps. Let's say seven different ones, mostly formulas you're still tweaking months later. What do they love? The melt and pour....not the ones you worked hours at the sink and online with soap calc over,no, they want the melt and pour...

37. You gift your friends a variety of soaps. Let's say seven different ones, mostly formulas you're still tweaking months later. What do they love? The melt and pour....not the ones you worked hours at the sink and online with soap calc over,no, they want the melt and pour...

Of course they do ::::: facepalm ::::: people have no appreciation for soaping geez :)

This is HILARIOUS! And sadly soooo true. I just finished writing down all mine and I am such a FO ho...

38. After only 15 batches of soap you show your DH (COULD stand for darling husband...) your latest baby. He rolls his eyes and says he's seen that one before. Sooooo disappointing.

LOL geez. He has no appreciation for soapy art does he hahaha

Sorry to hijack. Gigi, I tried sending you a message but it's full. Did you get your package?

Yes I did, just the other day. TYVM! :)I've been up to my eyeballs in bs and multiple crises here so I forgot to msg, I'm sorry. At the moment, I'm doing damage control and trying to figure out how to move forward and what I should do. Again, TY very much :)

39) You sit at your computer and laugh so hard at this thread, so you get trails of what can only be defined as something hideous that escape your nose, threatening to make you look like a 5 year old kid with a bad case of the cold.

This makes you actually have to get up from the computer and go to the bathroom to blow your nose really hard, and wipe the laughing tears out of your eyes while you gasp for air, and get flashbacks of comments made in this thread. Then you look into the mirror and just have to acknowledge that you might as well remove all your makeup while you`re there, `cause your mascara is beyond saving as the tears made you look like a snot-infested - gasping for air - giggling soap-addict with a bad case of the crazy.

All this prompts a concerned question from your husband wondering "why I was crying". The look he gives you when you tell him you are just laughing at something funny about soap, should go into the "Official World Wide archives of What Things Men Don`t Get About Women".

Then you just grab the toiletroll and go to read the rest of the thread, encouraged by the fact that you did not know other soapers was just as nutty as yourself....

39) You sit at your computer and laugh so hard at this thread, so you get trails of what can only be defined as something hideous that escape your nose, threatening to make you look like a 5 year old kid with a bad case of the cold.

This makes you actually have to get up from the computer and go to the bathroom to blow your nose really hard, and wipe the laughing tears out of your eyes while you gasp for air, and get flashbacks of comments made in this thread. Then you look into the mirror and just have to acknowledge that you might as well remove all your makeup while you`re there, `cause your mascara is beyond saving as the tears made you look like a snot-infested - gasping for air - giggling soap-addict with a bad case of the crazy.

All this prompts a concerned question from your husband wondering "why I was crying". The look he gives you when you tell him you are just laughing at something funny about soap, should go into the "Official World Wide archives of What Things Men Don`t Get About Women".

Then you just grab the toiletroll and go to read the rest of the thread, encouraged by the fact that you did not know other soapers was just as nutty as yourself....

Hahahahahaha

40) You will order a bunch of fragrance oils and not be able to decide which one to make first.... eiiinneee miiineee.... and then you'll end up making one you already have tried because you want more of that scent!

42) You carefully select a list of people to try your soap and eagerly await opinions.
Scent (which was your favourite?) - were they different?
Lather (which produced the best lather?) - it's soap
Conditioning (did any dry your skin out?) - didn't notice.
Hardness (did they last long enough? Did you follow airing instructions?) Too much bother. They were a bit mushy.
Overall (Would you replace store bought soap with any of these?) maybe but it's cheap and easy to buy store bought soap.

Sigh. I need a new family and close friends who are perceptive.

Last edited:
42) You carefully select a list of people to try your soap and eagerly await opinions.
Scent (which was your favourite?) - were they different?
Lather (which produced the best lather?) - it's soap
Conditioning (did any dry your skin out?) - didn't notice.
Hardness (did they last long enough? Did you follow airing instructions?) Too much bother. They were a bit mushy.
Overall (Would you replace store bought soap with any of these?) maybe but it's cheap and easy to buy store bought soap.

Sigh. I need a new family and close friends who are perceptive.

Hahahahaha so true.

43. You wonder if you'll ever be FULLY prepared to face the public manning your own table one day.
Case in point...I'm chatting with a fellow soaper at a holiday bazaar and a prospective customer walks up ."Does it lather?" Now depending on what side of the bed I woke up on that morning this could get ugly...

Latest posts

Back