My New Website

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have a couple of suggestions............... First of all, any website with a white background is very hard on the eyes, especially at the end of a long day (which may be when most of your customers are logging on). This may be a personal thing with me, but I am fairly sure that at least some people would appreciate something that doesn't have such a harsh "glow".

And second, on my monitor (which is 17", although I don't know if that makes a diff) the site was wider than the screen width. It may be just a personal pet peeve of mine (as may be the first suggestion as well), but I don't like to have to keep scrolling back and forth to see the whole picture, or something that is hidden on either side. Hope you don't mind my bluntness, just an opinion, so you must take it for what it is worth!! 8)

Della :D

You don't say if your soaps are CP or M&P. I like to know that when I buy soap. I also have a 17" monitor and it fit fine.

Sonja

I have a 15" laptop and everything looks beautiful. very easy to shop...adorable baby!!! im guessing she's not for sale??? :lol:

I am looking at it on my shop computer now & it fits. Is there a way to set your code so it can adapt to a variety of screen sizes & needs so you don't alienate a portion of your potential shoppers rigt out of the gate?

I have a 19 inch widescreen and it seemed like your site was too small :oops: I went over to the 15 in and it was too big :oops:

I asked hubby and he says it has more to do with what the resolution is set for on the viewers pc. So I set the resolution smaller on my 15 inch and POOF. It looks great!

Your site really looks great, very well put together and informative.

You do make a lot of claims though about your product...I do believe this means it falls into FDA ruling? I could be wrong...

Just wondering how your MP is 100% natural?? Without starting a giant debate on the topic, I'm just wondering which base you use?

I get it from a supplier that only carries all natural base. No sulfates, surfactants, dyes, just natural ingredients. It's a bit more but it's worth it.

What do you mean by claims? I only state that it's chemical free, which is true. Am I not allowed to state that? I just don't understand what you mean by I make a lot of claims. Isn't that what everyone who sells a product does?

I get it from a supplier that only carries all natural base. No sulfates, surfactants, dyes, just natural ingredients. It's a bit more but it's worth it.

Lane asked "which" supplier. If you give us that information we can better help you.

As for claims, you can read on the FDA website which claims are and are not permitted. Some claims take you out of the soap realm & place you into the cosmetic realm. Some place you even further into the drug realm.

In fact, the FDA website will answer most all of your questions quite nicely. We have all spend many hours there gathering all of the important info we need we need to make well informed choices.

Hi Della, good comments. I love your etsy store & have added you to my favourites list. Mine is called beautifulandbeaded, I do beaded, polymer clay & gemstone stuff mainly. Best wishes, soapykaz.
http://beautifulandbeaded.etsy.com

beadella said:
I just have a couple of suggestions............... First of all, any website with a white background is very hard on the eyes, especially at the end of a long day (which may be when most of your customers are logging on). This may be a personal thing with me, but I am fairly sure that at least some people would appreciate something that doesn't have such a harsh "glow".

And second, on my monitor (which is 17", although I don't know if that makes a diff) the site was wider than the screen width. It may be just a personal pet peeve of mine (as may be the first suggestion as well), but I don't like to have to keep scrolling back and forth to see the whole picture, or something that is hidden on either side. Hope you don't mind my bluntness, just an opinion, so you must take it for what it is worth!! 8)

Della :D

Hi Jennifer, lovely website, I'm sure you'll do really well. Make sure that your website is registered with all the main search engines to ensure that when a buyer types 'hand-made soap' your site will appear in his list of results - hopefully at or near the top of the list. Best wishes, soapykaz

jenmarie82 said:
I have finally got everything together on my site. I'm still adding things.
Take a look and tell me what ya think! www.soapsbyjennifer.com

Thank you! I have registered with the search engines although I'm not sure if they accepted it. I haven't seen my page in any search results.

jenmarie82 said:
Thank you! I have registered with the search engines although I'm not sure if they accepted it. I haven't seen my page in any search results.

I think it can take time (up to a few weeks) for your registration with the search engines to filter through and then you will appear in the lists. Make sure also that your "key words or key phrases" are registered - i.e. when somebody types "hand-made soap" or "glycerin soap" or "olive oil soap" or "lavender soap" or any other variation of anything else important, then your site will also appear. Good luck & best wishes, soapykaz

Back