My new TOG mold is on its way!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reallyrita

Reaction score
Yeah, oh yeah...can't wait...Christmas in June.
Thank you once again, Paul.

rita

I'm sure you will be really thrilled. Paul is a top notch craftsman in wood.

Which one did you get?

Greg: I'm getting the permaliner 10 inch log mold (2 pounder). I have been using Paul's molds from my 3rd batch on. I have two already. I have the mini mold for one pound and the 2 pounder 10 inch economy mold. They have the peel off (silicone??) liners. I LOVE them. Trouble is, they are always in use and so I needed at least one more!! I also have a Chase log mold (same size as the famous Martha Molds) and a kelsie mold with the dividers both for 2 lbs. I like the nice little even bars that come out of the kelsie but it takes 2 people and brute strength, plus pliers to pull those dividers out! Nothing sticks, but I sure can't unmold without DH. I always reach for my Togs first. Sometimes when I am full up, I have to use milk cartons!!! I should have ordered even another TOG! I also have the cutter and the beveller. I am a huge Paul fan!!! Only Paul's wooden molds give me lovely and complete gel every single time...easy peasy!!

Honestly I'm one of Paul's fans myself, and I greatly admire his woodwork which far surpasses anything I could do even if I dedicated the rest of my life to woodworking.

I'd buy his molds myself except that I'm a DIY kind of guy, and besides, making molds just looks like another hobby to me, related to but distinct from soaping, and I think I've said often enough that I'm a hobby addict. That's the only reason I'm making my own, that and the fact that I've got sufficient woodworking equipment in my garage workshop and plenty of wood supply places within short distance from home.

I'm already getting ansy to make another mold, just like I'm ansy to make another batch of soap. I made a test batch of pure coconut this morning and I'm probably going to make goat this afternoon, just now taking a break from designing my recipe. :)

What is a good scent for GM soap? I'm thinking that goat EO would probably be a bad thing. :D

reallyrita said:
Yeah, oh yeah...can't wait...Christmas in June.
Thank you once again, Paul.

rita

hyper.gif
mine is on it's way too. can't wait!! thanks, paul.
hyper.gif

:D I used WSP ocean rain. Outside of almost seizing I think my "Greg's 'Got Goat?' GM Bars" are gonna come out okay. :)

Lovehound said:
:D I used WSP ocean rain. Outside of almost seizing ...)
Ohhhh...yeah... THAT was one of the reasons I stopped using WSP oils... Soap at low temps!! It will help...

I just ordered a TOG beveler! Woo!

Lane said:
Lovehound said:
:D I used WSP ocean rain. Outside of almost seizing ...)
Ohhhh...yeah... THAT was one of the reasons I stopped using WSP oils... Soap at low temps!! It will help...
I kind'a wondered. Is the FO manufacturer responsible because of the carrier oil?

If I decide to move on up to the big leagues, I'm definitely going to buy from Paul.... 2-lb is what I'm interested & I didn't realize he made them that small.... he'll definitely get my business!! :D

You guys are too kind! :oops: Let us know the second you get them and what you think! You guys should have them any day now.:wink:

Paul

got mine today!
hyper.gif

it's such a cute little thing. can't wait to use it...gonna break it in tonight on a spearmint/eucalyptus batch. i have some eucalyptus and spearmint herbs. i might throw some in...decisions, decisions!

or hempseed oil and patchouli. got some patchouli too, not sure if i can put it in soap. anyone done that before?

i've actually got tons of herbs...i don't know what to make first!
icon_hihi.gif

The spearmint-euc sounds nice. I've had it enthusiastically recommended to me (here in another thread) and the FOs are on the way (ordered yesterday).

The patch sounds nice too. I'm sure somebody has used it in soap although I can't recall seeing a specific mention.

Decisions, decisions! :) I bet you win either way. :)

Latest posts

Back