My new “stamp”

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetHoneyHandmade

Reaction score
AF424CED-8E06-463D-A4F8-BC5BB6DD246A.jpeg
The designer I hired provided a 3D mock-up of the label stamp, I blurred out my company name (not sure if it was allowed). The ounces and scent will be handwritten. What are your thoughts?

What size? Is it a rubber stamp? Curious to see how sharp the imprint is on soap. Other than that, heh heh, I like the design but I'm drawn to changing the size/font of the word "SOAP" for better balance. But that's just me... picky, picky, picky. :rolleyes:

I assume that will be stamped on the wrapper? It is VERY NICE!!!

If it were not too time consuming / labor intensive I also thing stamping on your soap bars would look amazing. I am going to guess that the font / text of what is around the edges is too fine to come out when stamped on soap but think about perhaps the center image and some scrolls around the edge or the like ------ and like i say - it may not be at ALL feasible to stamp your soaps.

For a wrapper stamp i think is GORGEOUS!

AND - I agree with @Zany_in_CO - you are giving up a LOT of real estate to "soap" (which presumably they know they are buying LOL) and could use some of that for your branding!

Thank you all for your feedback. This would be a wrapper stamp, 2” circles. Above soap will be the ounces or grams, and below will be the fragrance. Am I allowed to share the company name? When it’s not blurred out, I do think it’s a bit more balanced... but I may be biased ;)

Also, SOAP is not the only product I will be selling, using this style label. I’m also offering JAM and WOOL. Please don’t laugh too hard, ;) I am aware of how odd a combination of goods that is.o_O The jam is homemade/home canned and the wool is from my own flock. It’s along the lines of... “something to keep you clean, something to keep you fed, and something to keep you warm”

2E3627E3-F655-481C-BF15-4C2192306852.png

Oh duh I just realized I didn’t need to blur out my company name, as it is my profile name! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful! If I were being critical, which you didn't ask for, the "N" and what I assume is meant to be an "s" at the end of "Naturals" is difficult to decipher. Could you use a slightly different font and still get he same effect? Also, please make sure the graphic company provides you with this in various digital fromats (gif, jpeg, etc.). You'll find numerous uses for it in labeling, correspondence/letterhead, possibly signage, webpage/blog.... If this is already your logo, and this guy is just making the stamp, ignore all the preceding except for the first word.

Last edited:
I think it is a LOVELY combination of products!

Then "SOAP" makes better sense!

could your graphic designer pump up your biz name a bit? I think that would be cool.

ALSO - have you developed a wool soap to replace Eucalan? Enquiring minds.......

GOOD LUCK!

I may be mistaken, but I think the weight has to be at the bottom of the label. So you might want to move the center text down to make room for the fragrance name above it.

Ooooh that’s really interesting, I’ve never heard that the weight has to be at the bottom before. Is that according to CPSC? Where would I find that information?

CB27FEB4-0547-4396-B79D-774FB3C9F284.png
I found this, on NIST.gov, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, about measurements on packaging. I see where it says business name, location, item being sold, and weight are required on the packaging but not in a specific placement? I’m curious if anyone else has better information to share

5750730E-C40C-4093-B97C-DDBFB7870FC9.png
And this, from the Federal Trade Commission, supports the information from NIST. Interesting to note this says metric must be included as well, I wonder if that refers to just length (inches and cm), or includes [ounces and] grams. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, that says that the weight would have to be on the main part of the label. Is the order a suggestion or fixed? Because weight would be last in that list.

Also from optics, you want it last. You have more important information to communicate before the weight

don't you need your whole address also and the ingredients? I love the idea of the stamp but can you put all the info you need on a stamp and still have it come out clear

I have been thinking a lot of labels lately and how they seem to cover up the pretty soaps. I was thinking a sticker on the backside with all the info on it (name addy etc) would look kinda tacky maybe?

I am thankful there are so many options available for beautiful packaging. Each of us can find what works for us ;)
Street address is not required, if that information is easily found (ie yellowpages.com). Zip code is required, however (city, state, AND zip)
Ingredients are not required to be listed on soap.
I have some revision requests to make from my designer :rolleyes:

Shunt, I am still awaiting a federal source stating the location of the net weight. I am nothing if not thorough o_O

ETA: Also, regarding Marie Gale’s blog MarieGale.com, there are many, many times she stated the 4 items required on soap labeling, but only once does she specify placement (the January 2019 blog article “check your labels”). I commented on her blog to ask from where is the federal source of the placement regulation; my comment is currently awaiting approval.

Last edited:
Back