My new soap labels

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xraygrl

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been MIA for quite some time. I don't get to make soap that often anymore because of constraints with a full time job, and 2-3 hour a day commute, I'm just so tired most of the time. :think:

Anyway, I don't sell my soap, just gift to family, friends, and occasional coworker, but I wanted some pretty labels to dress them up for gifting. My other hobby is paper crafting, and I have a Cricut Explore electronic die cutting machine, so I decided to merge the 2 crafts and make some labels for my soaps. I used my cricut to write the text and draw the design on the label, and it also cuts them out. And without further ado...

nevermind I fixed the picture in the first post :)

eucalypt-a-mint soap.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dixie, thanks for the compliment! I used black and tan cardstocks. The black cardstock is cut like a cigar band and goes all the way around the soap, the tan is cut out and layered on top of the black cardstock. I used my xyron sticker maker to adhere the tan label to the black cigar band.

Very classy and clean label! I agree with dixie about the contrasting colors of the paper. The black and cream really pop together. I also like that it isn't cluttered up with unnecessary text or art. It's easy to read and I know exactly what the scent is. Nicely done!

Thanks Krista! I was going for a vintage type look, but yes I wanted clean easy to read labels. I am very pleased with how they turned out...I think they are the best looking labels I've ever made LOL!

Welcome back, Xraygirl! It's good to hear your 'voice' again! Excellent job on the labels. They look very classy and elegant!

You can take the girl away from the soaping, but you can't take the soaping away from the girl! ;)

IrishLass :)

Thanks everyone! Irishlass, isn't that so true! Work so often gets in the way of the things I'd really like to do, but if I didn't work, I definitely wouldn't have the funds to do those things LOL! I worked on some more last night. Originally I was just going to use the one color label, but then I realized that I didn't have that much in that color so I decided to use different colors for different scents. Here are some more sorry about the quality of the picture, a photographer I am definitely not LOL

2016-03-26 12.18.14.jpg

Those make me want a criqit cutter, but I am betting that is more about the artist (you) then the medium. <3 Thanks for sharing.

Hello all, I have been MIA for quite some time. I don't get to make soap that often anymore because of constraints with a full time job, and 2-3 hour a day commute, I'm just so tired most of the time. :think:

I LOVE the labels!!
And per your user name I'm guessing we work in the same field; I'm a BSRT(R)(CT) and the hospital where I work is a 45 minute drive from my house. One of the best career decisions I've ever made was to take a weekend night-shift CT position. Three 12-hour shifts for premium pay and the rest of my week is free for soaping fun...heck yeah!! My hospital job pays the bills and I can pretty much do as I please per my business. I'm a vendor at a weekly market and if someone is drooling over my soaps, but is digging for change/checking their bank account to make a purchase I just give it to them; it's not like I'm going to go broke over a few freebies. This is what I do for fun and if I can make someone happy, then I consider it a successful day at the market no matter what my sales may be :)
I just wanted to share this with you as I WELL remember what it was like to be tired all the time and wishing I had more time to make soap!

Thanks everyone!

Cerelife,

Here in Florida, we have what is known as basic X ray license. or limited scope x ray....not all states have them. I can work in a doctors office, but not a hospital or imaging center, and can only do x-rays. But the last few years I have not even used my x ray license because the office I have worked in the last 6 years does not have X rays. ( I am also a medical assistant) I had applied to the program to get my RT, and I was accepted, but 2 days before the class started, I was in a car accident which resulted in a back injury. No lifting for me, which means no going for my RT. :(

Back