my new soap beveler/planer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heart of dixie soap co

Reaction score
just ordered paul's new beveler/planer, but forgot to ask how long to wait before i use it. when the soap is still soft, or when it's hard?

and what does everyone do with their little soap scraps?

thanks,

monet

I see several folks save their scraps and make soap balls. Or use the curls in another batch for interest.

As far as cleaning up your soap bars, they need to be firm enough for the blade to cut or you get mooshie gobbing under the blade. Just have to test it out and I am still working on just the right pressure to exert.

Digit

I ordered one of Paul's bevelers/planers. I'm excited .. can't wait!! OOOh .. Aaaah .. pretty soap :) Now I just have to save up and get one his 8 bar cutters.

tinhorn said:
I could not find mooshie gobbing in the soapmaker glossary.
It is in the secret dictionary. You have to have the super secret password, handshake and knock to open it. Then use the rotating encryption code to access the key. :lol: :lol: Perhaps "blobbie" or "gunk" is a better description.

beachgurl said:
Now I just have to save up and get one his 8 bar cutters.
I am with you here, Beachgurl! That will be my next toy. :lol: :lol:

Digit

I got my goodies in the mail monday!!! I have beveled, cut , cooked.....I'm sooo happy. the workmanship is worth the wait!!

He, he, he. 8) 8)

Hey Beachgurl,

Do you live near the beach? I'm 10 minutes away. I hope you do, because otherwise THAT would be rubbing it in, huh? LOL

Chris

I'm minutes away from several beaches ...so there :p ... Topsail, Emerald Isle, Atlantic Beach, Pine Knoll Shores, Sand Dollar Island (great kayak trip btw), Hammock's Beach State Park, Morehead City .. lol. I love it here !! Seriously, it's a really nice area .. I don't know if I'll ever leave :) Yeah .. sometimes the tourists are annoying with their little hats (you know the ones I'm talking about if you live in a coastal tourist area) and fanny packs, but it's like heaven (minus the hurricanes). One of the few affordable coastal areas left.

That sounds like a really nice area Beachgurl. I'm on the gulf coast side of Florida in Bradenton (near Sarasota). My husband and I moved down here from St. Louis, MO a little over 3 years ago. I love being so close to the beach, but not necessarily during hurricane season.

Chris

chrisinflorida said:
I'm on the gulf coast side of Florida in Bradenton (near Sarasota).

OOHHH! I was in Lido Key this spring and scoped out that area! What a GREAT area you live in! In my retirement...away from the snow!

I have ground up my shavings very fine (after they dry for many weeks or months) then package them and sell as Bubble Bath, with a caution: makes the tub slippery. I might have a pic somewhere....

They sell for $2 a package. Or if I want to please the kids, $1 each for smaller packages.

Back