My new SaltSoaps.com website

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's a good idea to diversify if at all possible. Just make sure they're clearly labeled as being salt-free and it might help to put them in a separate section or create another page for them.

I was thinking of selling maybe 1 to 3 regular (no salt) soaps despite the website being called SaltSoaps.com, is that a good idea?

I got the new smaller molds and already have a few batches done with them, I'm so anxious for them to be cured so I can put them for sale. I bet the dramatically lower cost to ship those will have a huge impact on sales.

Thanks

IMHO nothing wrong with diversification! If I could do it I also would specialize in salt bars, but can't afford to wait for such a specialized market to find me :)

I updated the color theme and background on the website, do you prefer this new look?

What are good ways to get more sales through your website? So far most of my sales are from emailing customers of other businesses I have about my new website.

I don't have a sand soap but I do have a few salt soaps that contain pumice which is basically like fine sand.

What are good websites to write articles?

Thanks

I've noticed many people adding items to their carts and leaving without paying.

I do this a lot when I'm shopping. I add things, then wait & think about it, go back, add more, take some away. I might visit a site 4 or 5 times, adding to the cart each time, before I eventually buy something.

Pumice soaps are a nice addition.
Start by adding articles to your own website. This gives you more pages and more ways to communicate your knowledge to your readers/customers.

Website sales, local co-op

Very nice website, organized and clean. You did a great job, and your soaps sound wonderful!
I do not sell many soaps from my online store, except a few nice big orders to people I met at other sites such as listia. It helps to give away some samples:)

I sell a lot of soap and shampoo bars (along with all my other skin care concoctions) to a local natural food co-op in NE only. The customers order online, the delivery truck picks up the orders once a month, they are sorted and delivered all over NE.

what about starting a blog? since i'm fairly new at soaping, I've been doing a lot of reading, and I find there are lots of soap blogs that have shopping carts (like how SoapQueen has a blog of articles and how to's, but they also have a shop of finished product for sale?).

Back