Quantcast

My new hobby - Resin Art

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I make a lot of different things. Pax (13) keeps trying to talk me into resin. It's very tempting, but do I really need another hobby with all the tools (I love tools)?

He has an ulterior motive anyway-- Custom D&D dice.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! The second one looks like the Grand Prismic Spring in Yellowstone.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
You haven't felt the desire for a vacuum chamber or pressure pot? Alcohol inks? 😊 I'm sure I'll get up to resin before too much longer. There are so many project opportunities!
Nope, I just use my heat gun or a small torch for any air bubbles, and I make my own "alcohol inks" by using mica in ISP alcohol, and they work the same (even though I know they are not the same thing) .

Beautiful! The second one looks like the Grand Prismic Spring in Yellowstone.
That is EXACTLY what it is. We just got back from Yellowstone on Wednesday and my son and his girlfriend said that was their favorite thing to see there. I made it for them. I used the magnet they bought me to model it off of. :)

Attachments

BattleGnome

Reaction score
(No scents though)
I recently came across a Kickstarter for scented dice (for d&d). it looked like the creator was just adding fragrance to a resin pour. I wrote it off as “neat” but it might be possible to scent your creations if you want to play with that.